Let the games begin!....Teething baby, all nighter

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by crzychickenlady, Dec 30, 2009.

1. crzychickenlady

crzychickenlady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2007
    Ok, tonight is one of those nights..... [​IMG] My 7 month old is teething and now we begin the scream fest....he screams, I get up, go soothe him and come back to my post...we shall repeat this for the duration of the evening....or shall I say morning. Since it's 12:20 am here.

This party will go on until about 3 or 4 am...or whenever he sees fit to let mommy close her weary bloodshot eyes, and rest her head with a mangled nest of what used to be hair on top of it.....

2. AkTomboy

AkTomboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2009
    DJ, Alaska
    Im sorry your wee one is teething, I have been and done that here with my crib midget. I really love Hylands homeopathic teething tablets. Not that you asked for ideas but I really thought they helped and bought them by the case when he was teething. I even tried them on my tongue and saw how numb it made it so I figure it was close to the same for him. Anywhos I hope he gets some sleep along with you.

3. crzychickenlady

crzychickenlady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2007
    Thanks for the suggestion! I have given him Motrin and put orajel on his gums, neither seems to work, and he refuses any kind of frozen teething instrument.
    Where can I get those tablets??

4. SarahBeth9394

SarahBeth9394 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2008
    You should be able to get them at the local drug store. Stock your freezer with frozen yogurt and let him go to town with it. The sugar free stuff isn't hard to find and the rest you'll get when he gets all numbed up will be worth the few extra bucks for the yogurt. If all else fails crushed ice in a bowl for him to play with will work.

5. geebs

geebs Lovin' the Lowriders!

Sep 28, 2008
    The teething tablets work... Good luck... A clean frozen washcloth to teeth on might help or frozen pedialyte pops (unopened lasts a while or with pinholes)

6. Jamsoundsgood

Jamsoundsgood Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2009
    Olympia, WA
    Love me some teething tablets. Between those and the motrin I got through my last monster, er, sweetheart. I find them in my grocery store in the "natural foods and remedies" section. You know, for the hippie-dippie people. [​IMG]

ETA: I heard Conan O'Brian say once when he was still on that his main demographic was new moms (I was actually nursing at the time). I guess when you're up all night with them you gotta do something.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2009
  7. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Hmm, my mom raised six teething kids on scotch. Absolutely nothing wrong with me. [​IMG]

8. fordmommy

fordmommy Dancing With My Chickens

Jul 16, 2009
    Wisconsin
    [​IMG] I remember those nights. They suck. I just did what you're doing and prayed of daylight. [​IMG]

9. maplesky7

maplesky7 Flock Mistress

Jun 14, 2008
    N. IL.
    Quote:[​IMG] I totally saw that and it's true.

10. AkTomboy

AkTomboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2009
    DJ, Alaska
    Quote:Sorry it took me so long to reply to you I forgot about this thread. Anywhos Walmart, fredmeyers, Amazon (although a lil high but shipped right to your door) and pretty much any chain drug food store. Here is what the box looks like

http://static-resources.goodguide.com/images/entities/all/208504.jpg

I love the pills I also used the Motrin and put orajel with no luck these things were all that worked for my kiddo. I hope your lil one and you are feeling better [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by