lethargic and not eating or drinking

jimeve

Chirping
Jan 21, 2019
4 month old turkey not sure of sex, It's smaller than the others and just wants to sleep. When I leave food out, the others will eat but this one just sleeps. I noticed that one eye looks inflamed.
There are no lice in the feathers. I have separated this bird and put it in a small cage with food and water with Electrolytes protein.

Hope I'm doing the right thing by separating it, seems a lot noisier on it's own.
Thank you for any advise.

It sounds like it might have a respiratory infection, which is probably contagious, and it could be something like mycoplasma which can be treated, but not cured, as in you treat them, they get better, but remain carriers of the disease.

Since it will most likely be butchered, you must be careful treating with antibiotics. If you do decide to treat, use only drugs allowed in your country.

There is a chance that it has something that is not contagious, but without testing there is no way to know for sure. Let me know if you want to try treating it and I will help you come up with a plan.

Back
Top Bottom