lethargic and sneezing

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by chickenshiha, Nov 17, 2015.

1. chickenshiha

chickenshiha Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2014
    palestine
    no,she does not lay and if she does lay then good fresh eggs for me! this afternoon I gave the hens a high protein mix of eggs, fish, and garlic(for worms just in case) they all ate but this pullet was so crazy like she never ate before I also gave her a syringe of sugar mixed with water for some energy and she had some weeds when free ranging so as bugs is this good for her to get better she is also an OEG pullet shes very powerful even when shes sick but sweat and she is very flightly today and jumped of the window and was very balanced at landing hope she gets better and stronger (ps: I also gave her some egg shell by opening her mouth and drop it in her mouth she wont eat by her self she hates it I also heard that egg shells good be used to make homemade calcium pills for humans and animal just egg shells into powder NOW THATS NATRUAL MEDICINE!!!)

2. chickengr

chickengr Overrun With Chickens

Dec 29, 2014
    greece
    any news?

I think you did everything you could.

3. chickenshiha

Apr 19, 2014
    palestine
    I need some ones help I saw her better yesterday but today I found her a bit lazy puffed up and her tail is low eating a little not drinking her face is like dark red like black I gave her some yogurt and water with a syringe some one help me fast

4. chickengr

Dec 29, 2014
    greece
    I cannot think of anything else. if her face/comb is dark she might have some problem with heart, liver, etc. some honey or sugar in water to give her a boost, and pray. good luck!

5. chickenshiha

Apr 19, 2014
    palestine
    it was not dark it was kinda a dark red but close up it almost brightens up I gave her some yogurt with the syringe this morning and made some sugar water and olive oil for sneezing and coughing like the other treatment and got some garlic (did not give her until sunset) so I went to the coop before they went to sleep she seemed a bit better lighter face eating more (rice treat her most favorite treat) and tail up I went to catch her for giving her sugar water and olive oil and she was faster I gave her the water and oil and chopped little pieces of garlic and hand feeded her (witch was a pain) she may have been dehydrated I put her by her self in a cage with warm towel (no bedding) and check on her tomorrow and send pics of her poo if needed (her poo this morning was kind of like a brown and on top of it was green not liquid or solid between normal or not?)

6. chickengr

Dec 29, 2014
    greece
    green poop usually means bacteria. if it is not all green maybe there is no problem. you are doing great, just continue and keep us posted.

7. chickenshiha

Apr 19, 2014
    palestine
    i will show pic in a moment today shes no better or worse she just sleeps and sneezes and goes back to sleep I took her out of the cage and she ran to the feed as her crop was empty a bit more movement from her still giving her yogurt (cow) could the poo be from the yogurt should I switch to goats? shes in the run eating a bit of grass but at night I put her back in the cage she is a bit heavier now (I feed her lots yesterday) I also gave her oregano she did not lay could pullets that never lay have egg bound on the first egg?

8. chickenshiha

Apr 19, 2014
    palestine
    oh I also want to know if asprin is good for chicken ( I heard it on another fourm but did not try it

9. chickengr

Dec 29, 2014
    greece
    if you have goat's yogurt would be better. I don't know if she can be egg bound with the first egg. you can gently press just under her vent and see if it is soft or hard (should be soft).

I didn't give aspirin to my chickens but know a person who did. you can try but I don't know the dosage. hope your chicken gets better.

10. chickenshiha

Apr 19, 2014
    palestine
    well I don't have any asprin can I use ibuprofen? and her vent is not soft soft nor hard could be a soft shell need more info sry I didn't post pics

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by