Lethargic and Very Skinny Chicken

musicalchicken

In the Brooder
6 Years
Sep 29, 2013
I have a 4 year old hen who is lethargic and really skinny. She doesn't eat much but she ate some yogurt and drank a lot of water yesterday and this morning. Yesterday to my suprise she was scratching in the woods but that's the most action I've seen out of her in a while. Today when I put her back in the coop after she was done eating yogurt she went right to sleep. She can't get up on the roost because she is so weak. What can I do for her? Is there something I can feed her? Thanks in advanced.

I would worm her with wazine or valbazen. If you use wazine, follwup with a treatment of safeguard or ivermectin after 10 days. They can die from worm treatment if u overload ther body with dieing worms. Wazine kills only round worms which is why to use it first. Valbazen kills everything but works differently so is safe to use as a 1 shot treatment, but you do need to retreat after 10 days to kill any eggs that hatched.

I would worm her with wazine or valbazen. If you use wazine, follwup with a treatment of safeguard or ivermectin after 10 days. They can die from worm treatment if u overload ther body with dieing worms. Wazine kills only round worms which is why to use it first. Valbazen kills everything but works differently so is safe to use as a 1 shot treatment, but you do need to retreat after 10 days to kill any eggs that hatched.

x2
It would be best to use valbazen initially. Valbazen slowly kills worms over several days preventing blockages and toxic dead worm overload which could kill a chicken. Then repeat dosing again in 10 days.
Here's a link where to purchase valbazen"
http://www.wholesalekennel.com/index.php?main_page=product_reviews&products_id=29
Ivermectin has lost its effectiveness as a wormer in poultry due to worm resistance.

Back
Top Bottom