Lethargic chick?? Help!

Rindee

In the Brooder
12 Years
Oct 25, 2007
I just got my 7 little chickies this morning. They had sent an extra silkie that was dead upon arrival, but everything else I ordered was alive. There have been 2 that have been lethargic all morning. One seems to be sleeping alot, but helping herself to water now and then, but the other I think is going downhill fast.
She will drink if I put her beak in the water, but this time when I went to check on her, she was all splayed out. I picked her up and had hardly any response. I tried to give her a drink, but she wouldn't even stay upright when I set her back down to swallow.
I checked her bum, and it seems clean and clear...
What do I do??

Nevermind. From the time it took to type that messege, I went back to check on her and it was too late. She's passed on to Chicken Heaven. My daughter will be so sad...
hit.gif

So sorry to hear of your loss
sad.png
fingers crossed the others are all ok ...just in case any of them look a little peaky try contacting your vet for some Baytril i know when my Chicks (at approx
12/ 14 days old) were poorly (similar symptoms to your Chick) our vet gave us some baytril in a syringe to make them Drink and it saved Purdy Bird ...now called Percy Bird as he turned out to be a Cockeral
big_smile.png

CHICKSBeiliLlwydPics-June_July-2-5.jpg

Percy at approx 10 days old

BrahmaPics-FEB-2008001.jpg

Percy at approx 6mths old & his Girls

Good luck with them & please keep us posted
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom