Lethargic Chick. Need Help Soon!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by sunny & the 5 egg layers, Mar 9, 2012.

1. sunny & the 5 egg layers

sunny & the 5 egg layers Overrun With Chickens

Mar 29, 2011
    I just hatched a chick that isn't doing too well. She is 3 days old and I could tell when she came out of the egg that she was acting "off". It is three days later and she is very lethargic, not eating or drinking on her own. I have Save-A-Chick Electrolyte Mix in her water and I have dipped her beak and made her drink it from my finger tip and tonight I have just started giving her some Polyvistol without Iron diluted with water. What else can I do for her? Her feet seem to be messed up too (crooked toes?). Maybe it would be better if I didn't dilute the polyvistol with water? I really don't know, I have always diluted it.

I read on an older thread about Poultry Drench? Will this be any good for her?

Thanks in advance.

2. sunny & the 5 egg layers

sunny & the 5 egg layers Overrun With Chickens

Mar 29, 2011
    She has crackling noises in her back (lungs perhaps?) She is very uncomfortable too. I can get her to drink water, but not eating. But I am so worried she won't make it through the night. PLEASE Help!

3. AmyLM

AmyLM Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2011
    Buckley washington
    you should put this under emergency health section...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by