Lethargic chick with green poop?

xiao

Chirping
Aug 29, 2021
South California
I just noticed yesterday that my chick was acting strange. Today I went out into the coop and saw that she had greenish poop and isn't as active.Does anyone know what this is ? how can I treat it
16363061191744379889460614837939.jpg

greenish poop often indicates they're not eating. Have you seen her eat? drink recently? how much flesh is there under those feathers? has she got a full or empty crop?

I just noticed yesterday that my chick was acting strange. Today I went out into the coop and saw that she had greenish poop and isn't as active.Does anyone know what this is ? how can I treat itView attachment 2890884

greenish poop often indicates they're not eating. Have you seen her eat? drink recently? how much flesh is there under those feathers? has she got a full or empty crop?
I have been checking to see if she eats and she has only ate some lettuce. Her crop is empty. A few days ago one of the other chicks was bullying her but I have separated them

We need to know how old she is and if she is laying.

One key thing you mentioned was that this bird is being bullied. The green poop indicates starvation. Put them together and it may add up to a bird being bullied away from the feeder who has given up trying to eat.

First, immediately give her some sugar water to drink. This should give her a rapid burst of energy and stimulate her appetite to eat. Leave her in a segregated place where the others can't eat her food and give her some scrambled or boiled egg to eat. If you can get some Poultry Nutri-drench give her some each day. It will further boost her energy and restore her appetite.

Once she gets back on her feet, she may benefit from a program to treat her bully victim attitude and restore her self confidence so she can stand up for herself at the feeder. This is how. https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/chicken-bully-chicken-victim-a-two-sided-issue.73923/

If none of the above work, then she may need to be treated for infection with an oral antibiotic.

Thank you! She has been eating and I put some sugar water and regular water in her cage. She is moving around now

One key thing you mentioned was that this bird is being bullied. The green poop indicates starvation. Put them together and it may add up to a bird being bullied away from the feeder who has given up trying to eat.

First, immediately give her some sugar water to drink. This should give her a rapid burst of energy and stimulate her appetite to eat. Leave her in a segregated place where the others can't eat her food and give her some scrambled or boiled egg to eat. If you can get some Poultry Nutri-drench give her some each day. It will further boost her energy and restore her appetite.

Once she gets back on her feet, she may benefit from a program to treat her bully victim attitude and restore her self confidence so she can stand up for herself at the feeder. This is how. https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/chicken-bully-chicken-victim-a-two-sided-issue.73923/

If none of the above work, then she may need to be treated for infection with an oral antibiotic.

Thank you! She has been eating and I put some sugar water and regular water in her cage. She is moving around now

Back
Top Bottom