1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Lethargic Guinea Fowl

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by citygirlfarmer3, May 4, 2017.

1. citygirlfarmer3

citygirlfarmer3 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 18, 2015
    Alexander, AR
    We had one guinea all scrunched down (like a human when cold) last night. He went slowly into the coop, ate just a small bit. One hour later was dead. Today I have 5 lethargic. Three would rally to eat a small amount of scrambled egg (but did not dominate the pecking order chasing off the chickens and ducks), one didn't eat but is now walking slowly around the yard, one just laying within inches of egg and layer food without interest. We have had heavy rains and they have not cleaned themselves. Suggestions?? Should I dry them? Everyone free ranges so not really easy to separate but I can have the ducks sleep with the chickens tonight. May not be related but might be--lost a chicken about a week ago. No signs of illness in her before finding her dead one morning.

Thanks Becky in Arkansas

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by