Lethargic hen? 4 months and counting HELP!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Jimmybeam01, Dec 13, 2016.

1. Jimmybeam01

Jimmybeam01 Just Hatched

Dec 13, 2016
    Augusta Wisconsin
    My Coop
    My red star Ruth is just not ok but she drinks and eats, doesn't stay with the herd much stays by herself, kinda stumbles very clumsy. She will fluff up and sit around with her eyes closed. but she's been this way for like 4 months. She's real tiny and isn't showing much sign of growing, I don't feel her crop at all, I know it's there but nothing in It ever.. seems she eats just enough to stay alive. She's a tough little girl but I wonder if it's worms ? She's skin and bones but eats still and all that. Just not lively at all

2. MasterOfClucker

MasterOfClucker Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2016
    Iowa
    Glad you made your own thread[​IMG].Any sign of mites/lice.Try checking her crop at night when it should be full.What do you feed her?

3. Jimmybeam01

Jimmybeam01 Just Hatched

Dec 13, 2016
    Augusta Wisconsin
    My Coop
    None of the flock has mites or lice. Was a different story when I first started!
    But it's under control. Today I will keep her in the house and see how her crop is at the end of the day

4. MasterOfClucker

MasterOfClucker Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2016
    Iowa
    What do you feed her?

5. Jimmybeam01

Jimmybeam01 Just Hatched

Dec 13, 2016
    Augusta Wisconsin
    My Coop
    Nutrina egg layer, feather, scratch blocks, and two others. I do small mixutures daily like a scoop a piece

6. Jimmybeam01

Jimmybeam01 Just Hatched

Dec 13, 2016
    Augusta Wisconsin
    My Coop
    Update, I notice the water she drinks kind of leaks back out of her beak

7. Jimmybeam01

Jimmybeam01 Just Hatched

Dec 13, 2016
    Augusta Wisconsin
    My Coop
    Ya I just finished reading the article. She's eating and drinking so I'll just let her be. She just pinched a loaf but it was slightly cloudy mostly clear

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by