Lethargic Leghorn Pullet

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Autumn Acres, Aug 18, 2011.

1. Autumn Acres

Autumn Acres Out Of The Brooder

Jun 20, 2011
    So I went out to the coop this AM to check on the ladies, and my little leghorn is hiding in the corner. She's usually shy anyways, but when I come in with scratch, they all usually get a bit closer to me. Her feathers were really fluffed, and she looked like she was trying to stay warm--head buried in the flocked feathers, etc. It was fairly chilly last night (probably got down to 40 degrees or so), and I'm thinking that maybe that's what's wrong?

But wondering if there's anything else I should be looking for? This is my first flock of chickens. I have 6 of them, and they're all about 11 weeks old now. One rooster, and 5 pullets.

Any ideas, or what to look for will be helpful!

2. Autumn Acres

Autumn Acres Out Of The Brooder

Jun 20, 2011
    I know I posted this a long time ago, but I haven't been on this site since the day I needed help. When I got home from work, the leghorn pullet was dead. Any thoughts on why this happened? It was a while ago, and none of my other chickens seem to be affected at all. But I'd like to have an idea of what happened, so I can attend to it immediately, instead of losing another one.

Thanks.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by