Lethargic rooster

hussain

Hatching
5 Years
Jan 8, 2015
Ive got two roosters(who dont fight)and and 3 hens.one of my rooster is lethargic and he wont eat anything,please help me by telling what should i feed him and how to treat him:(

Ive got two roosters(who dont fight)and and 3 hens.one of my rooster is lethargic and he wont eat anything,please help me by telling what should i feed him and how to treat him:(

My first thought is crop impaction. Check to see if his crop is full and feels hard. If you think so, type it into the search bar at the top of the page to learn what to do. Keep posting, If he has other symptoms, it may point to a particular infection or disease.There are a ton of great people on this site who can help yo narrow it down.

You might confirm he has impacted crop by looking at his poop. If it's been very tiny, hard, and scant lately, it could indicate impacted crop. Is the crop empty except for a very hard lump?

Olive oil is the treatment. Get it into his crop somehow and massage until the hard mass breaks up.

If the crop is not impacted, there could be a hundred reasons he's off his feed from some sort of system failure like heart or liver, worm overload or lots of other things. It's just too vague of a symptom to work from since most birds who don't feel well for whatever reason don't eat much.

If the crop is not impacted, there could be a hundred reasons he's off his feed from some sort of system failure like heart or liver, worm overload or lots of other things. It's just too vague of a symptom to work from since most birds who don't feel well for whatever reason don't eat much.

Hussain, I guess that is why some one who is sick is said in English to be puny, meaning scrawny or thin.
Give us more information to go on. And
welcome-byc.gif

Back
Top Bottom