Lethargic Silkie Rooster Drinking but NOT Eating

StardustFeathers

Hatching
Jan 27, 2022
I have a 1.5 year old Silkie Rooster that is extremely lethargic, fluffed-up, drinking lots of water, not eating and runny, clear poo. I brought him in about a week ago as I noticed he was separating from the flock and was a bit “off”. No signs of mites.

Through the week he’s not gotten better; he seems to be declining in energy. He’s not crowing any more in the am and makes a heavy sigh sound- but no other chicken sounds. I’ve given him B-12 shots, poultry cell, and am giving him scrambled eggs - but he doesn’t really eat enough- his bites are very tiny.

I brought in one of his ladies and she’s very sweet with him but he’s got zero interest.

Any suggestions? Ideas? TIA

Attachments

• 9D2DA921-A3A9-475B-9649-95502F680824.jpeg
    9D2DA921-A3A9-475B-9649-95502F680824.jpeg
    679.3 KB · Views: 29
  • F43DAB8B-B796-4EAF-8902-0834DF4F5AD5.jpeg
    F43DAB8B-B796-4EAF-8902-0834DF4F5AD5.jpeg
    699.9 KB · Views: 3
I have a 1.5 year old Silkie Rooster that is extremely lethargic, fluffed-up, drinking lots of water, not eating and runny, clear poo. I brought him in about a week ago as I noticed he was separating from the flock and was a bit “off”. No signs of mites.

Through the week he’s not gotten better; he seems to be declining in energy. He’s not crowing any more in the am and makes a heavy sigh sound- but no other chicken sounds. I’ve given him B-12 shots, poultry cell, and am giving him scrambled eggs - but he doesn’t really eat enough- his bites are very tiny.

I brought in one of his ladies and she’s very sweet with him but he’s got zero interest.

Any suggestions? Ideas? TIA
Maybe antibiotics? Poor baby.
Thank you. I’m hoping he perks up soon !!

Hi. He’s not had any sign of lice or mites and his crop hasn’t been really full. He eats just a bit at a time, drinks a lot. Ive been giving him raw eggs and he picks at it, but doesn’t eat much. I started him on Tylan50 last night. I’m looking at tube feeding now. He’s declining and losing weight and I don’t seem to be able to help him. It’s so frustrating.

Back
Top Bottom