Lethargic Skinny Hen 1.5 Years Old

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Arrakis, Nov 18, 2016.

1. Arrakis

Arrakis Out Of The Brooder

May 15, 2014
    North Idaho
    Good evening everyone,
    I just brought her inside and gave her ACV water, high protein food and a little yogurt. She started eating right away and is now standing quietly with her head pulled close and fluffed up. Today she was wondering around by herself eating and then resting in different spots. When I picked her up, she is all feather and bones. Other than lethargic and skinny everything else seems OK. I've check for mites, lice, & injuries.... nothing. The crop seems normal. The only thing that I did notice was some white in the crevices of her comb. I'm waiting for a poop sample. Is there any thing else I should look for or any idea what I should do in case the fecal looks normal? Thank you.

2. coastingangel

coastingangel Out Of The Brooder

Hi, we had one like this and it turned out to be sour crop. I know you said crop seems normal,by that do you mean full? Good luck

Last edited: Nov 18, 2016
  3. Arrakis

Arrakis Out Of The Brooder

May 15, 2014
    North Idaho
    Yes, full and firm.

4. coastingangel

coastingangel Out Of The Brooder

Ok, ours had a very full crop. Search on the forums here for remedies, there is quite a bit on it. Not saying this is what it is but sounds just like what we had and unfortunately we were too late to do much. Hope she gets better soon.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by