Lethargic/Sleepy Rooster

Okay I can try that. His eye continues to improve but I’m not sure how well his sight is overall. It almost looks like he’s trying to squint both eyes to make out what’s going on around him. He’s drinking on his own but I think he’s having a hard time navigating where his food is.. I will try scrambled eggs tomorrow. How long could this sleepy/lethargic behavior last?

Any idea where to get that? Or how to dose appropriately? I have also noticed some yellow/green poop as well. Based on previous posts, it looks like it could just be from not eating much? He’s also not going for the scrambled egg... starting to feel a bit hopeless. He’s more alert but not improving as quickly as I would like.

Any idea where to get that? Or how to dose appropriately? I have also noticed some yellow/green poop as well. Based on previous posts, it looks like it could just be from not eating much? He’s also not going for the scrambled egg... starting to feel a bit hopeless. He’s more alert but not improving as quickly as I would like.
You can order Tylosin online, but you may want to check your feed store to see if they have Tylan50. Some feeds stores also carry Fish Mox which is Amoxicillin so ask about that. Amoxicillin is more broad spectrum and may be helpful.
https://www.jedds.com/shop/tylan-soluble-100-g/

I'm sorry he's not interested in the egg. Try offering wet feed, a little tuna, some fruit, etc. Some birds that are not well seem to like melon or cucumber.

Check him and the coop for poultry mites and stick tight fleas.

In your picture it looks as if there are some stick tight fleas on his face, in addition to some dirt/sand.

What kind of bedding do you use in the coop? If it is straw, you might consider switching to softwood shavings, as all kind of parasites love the hollow straw stems to hide in and propagate.

I will keep trying... it’s just hard to tell what’s going on. I do not see any tylosin available at our local feed stores. If I ordered that powder, do I mix it with water and dose him individually with a syringe to ensure he drinks/gets it? Any thoughts on natural remedies to boost his immune system to fight off whatever is going on?

Never posted an update but he ended up making a full recovery! @Wyorp Rock thanks for helping! As a result I do believe he can’t see well out of that eye but has managed to live his life with no big issues. Now needing help with a bug situation.

Back
Top Bottom