Lethargy in Hen-Losing weight daily

Sep 18, 2019
Hello,

One of our 3 hens is becoming more and more lethargic by the day. We noticed on either Sunday or Monday that she was not eating like our other two hens (who currently have no health problems) and she is losing a lot of weight. She also seems more pale than usual and has watery poop with no signs of worms. Up until now, our hens have not had any serious health problems so we are not really sure what could be going on. We purchased them all at the same time from the local feed store, so they are only about 1.5 years old.

I can't think of anything specific that would have caused the lethargy in only her since the hens all live together in the same coop and have access to the same food. We have been feeding them tomatoes and zuchinnis from our garden and letting them out in a larger pen so they have more grass, but other than that we have not done anything different lately. We just purchased some poultry electrolyte powder and put it in their water this morning, but have seen no signs of improvement yet.

Any suggestions or help would be much appreciated! Thank you!

Hello,

One of our 3 hens is becoming more and more lethargic by the day. We noticed on either Sunday or Monday that she was not eating like our other two hens (who currently have no health problems) and she is losing a lot of weight. She also seems more pale than usual and has watery poop with no signs of worms. Up until now, our hens have not had any serious health problems so we are not really sure what could be going on. We purchased them all at the same time from the local feed store, so they are only about 1.5 years old.

I can't think of anything specific that would have caused the lethargy in only her since the hens all live together in the same coop and have access to the same food. We have been feeding them tomatoes and zuchinnis from our garden and letting them out in a larger pen so they have more grass, but other than that we have not done anything different lately. We just purchased some poultry electrolyte powder and put it in their water this morning, but have seen no signs of improvement yet.

Any suggestions or help would be much appreciated! Thank you!
Check her crop and smell her breath. Same symptoms I've had off and on with one of my hens, Glorya. Never have had any problems with the others (4). Always seems to be a crop issue with her. I isolate her and give her acv and olive oil through a syringe.

Back
Top Bottom