let's play a game guess my babies and you win

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Tlco, Oct 19, 2016.

1. Tlco

Tlco Out Of The Brooder

Sep 5, 2016
    Buffalo tx
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hope these are better pictures. They had been sold in asst. Bantam run. I got a Seabright gold lace, and a buff silkie. ..just trying to to figure out these two all guess welcome. Was told 1 wrk when I got them and have had them 4 weeks on the 20th...

Last edited: Oct 19, 2016
  2. minihorse927

minihorse927 Whipper snapper Premium Member

Nov 3, 2010
    The lighter one looks like a Wheaten Old English game. Than black is old English also. 1 is a pullet and number 2 is a cockerel.

3. Lil Peeps

Lil Peeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2016
    Aw! What cute chicks! I'd say that the top one looks like a Black-tailed Japanese bantam, or as @minihorse927 said, a Wheaten Old English Game. I'm not entirely sure on the black on but if almost looks like a bantam Australorp with the white chick fuzz on the face.

1 person likes this.
  4. Tlco

Tlco Out Of The Brooder

Sep 5, 2016
    Buffalo tx
    o n no a roo really...hope the ssebright stays a pullet and my silkie too. Guess what and see. What do u c that says roo...new to this could use guidness.

5. Tlco

Tlco Out Of The Brooder

Sep 5, 2016
    Buffalo tx
    hi guys is the white under his tummy and chest and under his wing tips going to stay there or will that change gets more brighter course I guess we really need to know what he is I'll guess is welcome

6. minihorse927

minihorse927 Whipper snapper Premium Member

Nov 3, 2010
    The white on the black chick is most likely going to turn completely black. The comb and wattles on his face are already red and big at 4 to 5 weeks old.

I didn't even think about a black tail Japanese. That is another possibility but you should know within the next few weeks as it feathers in. A Japanese is going to be all white with black in the tail and in the wing tips. If it gets a wheat or tan color to the whole body or to the wings and the tail it is most likely a Wheaten Old English.

7. Lil Peeps

Apr 16, 2016

I was thinking a buff black tailed Japanese so even then it would be hard. That chick looks an awful lot like a pic I saw online of one. Here it is, complement of Google- [​IMG]
    Except this one is a rooster. Hers looks to be a pullet like you said.

8. Lil Peeps

Apr 16, 2016

Yes, the black will go away and eventually the white wing tip feathers will fall out when they're older and they'll replace them with black feathers, at least that's how it went with our Australorps. I saved all the cute little white tipped feathers! Lol

Last edited: Oct 19, 2016
  9. Tlco

Tlco Out Of The Brooder

Sep 5, 2016
    Buffalo tx
    Thank you all for the input. I can't wait for my first eggs from them. Matilda will give me my first one she is only survivor from my first set of chickens...I believe a 2 legged Predator. I hope last part of dec.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2016
  10. Tlco

Tlco Out Of The Brooder

Sep 5, 2016
    Buffalo tx
    Matilda and the babies in the relocated coop...building a run for it this week. They didn't want to go in the coop house tonight instead stayed on the roost close to light..buts it's not cold. ..silly babies covered the house with a blanket and let em stay on the roost. Coop looks tiny in this picture but it's 6 ft long 2 foot wide and they are getting a ten foot runner..roo's will be relocated can't have them in this community. ..:(

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 20, 2016

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by