Lets play a game!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by missred871, May 16, 2011.

1. missred871

missred871 Eggxhausted Momma

May 5, 2010
    Perry GA
    Okay I purchased a dozen mixed babies and a silver ameracauna banty hen from a fellow BYCer last week. I cant get a hold of all the babies for individual pics thanks to the crazy tunnel pen we have them in so bare with these crazy pictures, I have labeled all the birds in each picture that I know can clearly been seen with a number. I will post two group pictures when guessing with the group pictures put something like this (Pic1-1 for chick number one in pic number 1 and so on). I will label above each pic with a pic number. I have my guesses and I am pretty sure on some of them. No idea on ages HOWEVER, some of them are standard and some of them are banty. Apparently my silver ameracauna had fun egg collecting.
    Here is what I know about the chickens the gal i got them from had: D'Uccles, a standard EE hen, Light Sussex(they were seperately penned pretty sure these can be ruled out anyway), Rhode Island Red hens, a white cochin roo, and a bunch of other ones that are escaping my mind lol that was a long day and I didnt bring a pen and pad to write them down. Alright, guess away fellow BYCers, I am fairly sure I have SEVERAL EEs considering there was no ameracauna roo in the bunch to mate with the banty hen and there was an EE hen as well, I would like to note that my Ameracauna hen seems to be standard EXCEPT her facial plumage (wasnt that a nice way of putting it?) isnt quite up to par, not poofy enough if you will. Any thoughts on whos a roo is good but I kinda want breed theories more than anything, I see a lot of blues a few blacks and some blues with rusty red in the wings, really wanna know what you guys think that adorable little chipmunky yellow one is, seems to be a pure bred, possibly, super adorable, I know she had a pair of mille's in there kinda hopin that is what it is. [​IMG] Thanks BYCers

Pic 1
    [​IMG]

Pic 2
    [​IMG]

Pic 3
    [​IMG]

Pic 4 "Chippy" pretty much 100% that its a roo and I wanna know what breed you guys think it could be!
    [​IMG]

Pic 5 chippy again
    [​IMG]

Pic 6 Chippy one more time
    [​IMG]

2. akcountrygrrl

akcountrygrrl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2010
    Nenana, AK
    Do any of them have feathered feet?

3. missred871

May 5, 2010
    Perry GA
    Quote:A couple, I figure those are either part D'Uccle or part cochin, she has Mille Fluers most likely they are part cochin, but not all of the chicks are pictured these are a couple I am unsure of. Pic one is a no and chippy is a no on the feathered legs

4. missred871

May 5, 2010
    Perry GA
    hate to do it but I am bumping myself. this thread moves FAST!

5. acrossthebranch

acrossthebranch Out Of The Brooder

Nov 20, 2010
    South Ga
    I have no idea on any of them -- but Chippy sure is pretty!!

6. missred871

May 5, 2010
    Perry GA
    Quote:lol yeah I think so too, too bad he's a he lol. Never with the prettiful hens. haha. I may keep him though, One of the black ones has rusty red tips on the feathers actually there are two like that and both appear to be roos, very very developed combs at maybe about a month old it looks like, they have a pretty good amount of feathers to be younger than that

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by