1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Lets play name that bantam chick breed!!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by raygirl4386, Feb 13, 2013.

1. raygirl4386

raygirl4386 Chillin' With My Peeps

I ordered the clean leg bantam assortment from ideal and I would really love it if someone could weight in on what they may be. 2 are 2 weeks and 2 are 1 week, these are the most unique chicks out of the bunch. These rest are yellow, why can't chicks be easy? Lol

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. raygirl4386

I think the last one could be a grey Japanese bantam.

3. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    1st maybe oegb
    2nd is an oegb
    3rd either oegb or golden laced sebright (cant see comb)
    4th looks like it has short legs so jap

Last edited: Feb 14, 2013
  4. raygirl4386

Yeah the 3rd one is a goldeneye laced something, what's the differance in combs between the 2? The last one was seating down but he was part of my Japanese special. I got a ton of yellow chicks in my Japanese special and some thier wings are growing in and have some black in them so I'm confused.

5. chicknfun

chicknfun Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2012
    Bunnell, FL
    Number 3 is Golden Sebright-
    dont know about the rest....all very cute

ETA: at least, it looks exactly like mine as a baby

Last edited: Feb 14, 2013
  6. butcherboy

butcherboy New Egg

Feb 8, 2013
    They are most definatly oegb if there color is not coming the same your hen or rooster has had another type blood added b4 just took a few genrations to show up this is called a throwback it is a genetic thing to stay pure you have to linebreed inbreed outcross then linebreed back kennyitroiano wrote a book on genetics and how to breed for putity conformation plumage you will have look him up on internet it pertains to gamecocks but it goes for all fowl he is very knowledgable & it could makke an improvment to your flock i hope this helps butcher boy

7. raygirl4386

Thank you, these are from a hatchery and I'm not sure I want to breed just yet, I already have one rooster and the neighbors are putting up with him so I dot know I I want to push it lol we'll see if they are quite crowers maybe

8. raygirl4386

I will take a pic of some of japs I got they are yellow but their wings have some black in them.

9. hdowden

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    oegb have single combs and sebrights have rose combs. the difference between the 2 combs may not be noticable at this time.

the japs that you are talking about are the black tailed white japs. these do have black on their wings
    [​IMG]

10. hdowden

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    you dont need to take pics of them ;)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by