1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Lets play what breed do i have? Lol

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by tiffani day, Oct 5, 2015.

1. tiffani day

tiffani day Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2015
    Vicksburg Mississippi
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I was given these hens and roos and while I have my suspicions I'm not 100% sure their breed is.
    Pic 1 is Jake my roo is think black copper maran or old englisg game
    Pic 2 is Ardy I think black sex link
    Pic 3 is Pony Boy I think Easter egged
    Pic 4 is Grey Beard I think blue americauna
    Pic 5 is Bonnie no ideas
    Pic 6 is Clyde I think old english

2. ChickenWisperer

ChickenWisperer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2008
    KY
    #1 I think it's far more likely that this is a game cross, given the huge tail feathers - Color is off and comb is weird.
    #2 - Probably not black sex link - they have some red leakage in the hackle feathers. What color is the skin/soles of feet?
    #3 - Mutt.
    #4 - I see some weird coloration in the face, which leads me to think this is a blue mutt EasterEgger hen. Could be wrong, hard to tell from the picture. Where did she come from, what color are her legs/skin?
    #5 - Not sure. Pretty sure those are green legs, may be an EE or a cross.

3. tiffani day

Sep 25, 2015
    Vicksburg Mississippi
    All of these chickens were given to me someone dudnt want them anymore and I was looking to get some. They didn't know the breeds either. The grey hen has grey legs and a whitish skin, the black pullet has black legs and white skin with a pinkish tint to it.

4. tiffani day

Sep 25, 2015
    Vicksburg Mississippi
    The roo pictured above father 13 chicks recently. The hens were buff, barred rock and rir. They are very pretty chicks but I Wil only be using them for eggs and meat, since no one is interested in mid breeds for purchase.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by