Lets play: "Who laid this egggggggg!!"

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by SIMPleChick, Jul 14, 2011.

1. SIMPleChick

SIMPleChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2011
    Utah
    This will be my 4th layer in a week! WooHoo! BUT I don't know who laid it! [​IMG] That's where you experts come in! I have an 18 week old Black Sex-Link and an 18 week old Black Australorp. Only the BSL has been doing the squat but the BA has been more friendly as of the last few days! My next youngest ones are in EE at 16 weeks and 2 Welsummers at 15 weeks, so I know it's NOT those 3 and I have seen all the others lay so it HAS to be the BSL or BA......so who lays a lighter brown speckled egg???? [​IMG]
    The coloring doesn't do it justice, and the speckles are all over the egg. And silly chick pecked a hole in the egg! I can see the indented shell and it didn't puncture the membrane cause nothing is coming out! [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    I don't have Australorps, but I think their eggs are more light tan. My guess would be the sex link.

3. citychickx6

citychickx6 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2011
    Loveland
    I had 28 austrolorp for years and got all shades of brown and most of the time they were speckled like your picture.
    I am thinking it is the BA. Right size for the BA as well.

Congrats! Pretty egg whoever laid it.

4. SIMPleChick

SIMPleChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2011
    Utah
    I hate not knowing! LOL! And I have to leave tomorrow afternoon to head to San Fran for a family wedding! I am going to have to have my step-son camp out to watch and see who laid it!!! I thought with all my hens staggered ages, it wouldn't be so hard to tell, hahaha yeah right! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by