Lets see those broodies!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by The Red Rooster, Jan 22, 2012.

1. The Red Rooster

The Red Rooster Poultry Observer

Would be nice to see those bad tempered broodies!

Here's Chickadee the chook.

[​IMG][​IMG]

~AnnElise

Last edited: Jan 22, 2012
  2. christineavatar

christineavatar Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2011
    Bolinas, CA
    Cute!

3. deChickyHen

deChickyHen Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2011
    here is, Matty! she is not mean I can pet her but she goes nuts if another hen comes near her

[​IMG]

4. <3 N.C Chicken Chick <3

<3 N.C Chicken Chick <3 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2011
    Jacksonville N.C
    This is Ice. She was my first broody. Shes not with the chicks (Muffin,and Pippen) anymore because SHE started pecking, and chasing them. Talk about bad tempered.
    [​IMG]

5. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    Everyone's broodies are adorable [​IMG]

6. HEChicken

HEChicken Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    BuCo, KS
    My Coop
    Ha - let's see if I can do pics on the new system from my former uploads. Here is my broody hen on day 19 when the first chick hatched:
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/gallery/image/view/id/4669096/album/6133101
    And here she is a week or so later when I finally let her out of the broody coop to introduce her chicks to the yard. She was such a great Mama and kept those chicks with her until they were 15 weeks old!
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/gallery/image/view/id/4669063/album/6133101

ETA: Okay, well I guess I still need to figure this out. I've uploaded pics directly to the new site, but in this case they were in my uploads folder and the only option I could see was to paste the URL. If anyone has a better idea to get them from the uploads folder to directly in the post?

Okay, so I downloaded them from uploads folder (on a different PC than they were originally uploaded on) and will try this again. Always a learning experience heh
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 24, 2012
  7. tamberlin

tamberlin Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 18, 2010
    Framingham MA
    Whoa! She looks like she's gonna kill you if you come too close!

8. HEChicken

HEChicken Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    BuCo, KS
    My Coop
    LOL. Yeah, she was VERY protective of those chicks when the other hens were around - they quickly learned not to mess with her. She remained very sweet to me though and taught her chicks that the "people" is the one who brings the treats. She would run over to me when I went outside and if I did indeed have treats, she'd call the chicks to come over and try them.

9. aoxa

aoxa Overrun With Chickens

[​IMG] My unlikely broody girl, McDonalds. She is a polish x silver spangled hamburg. She's been broody TWICE already, and only started laying in October 2011!

10. aoxa

aoxa Overrun With Chickens

By the way, your mama is so cute! I love their stink eyes. :p

I didn't let my girl hatch. We are having trouble in our village, and we're moving in April, so I will let her hatch at that time.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by