Lets see your Egyptians (plus pinioning pics on page 3)

spectrumranch

Songster
12 Years
Jan 8, 2008
South Dakota & Wisconsin
Egyptianpr05.jpg

1egcwpr.jpg

Egyptianwpr.jpg

Egyptianwhenbabiessr.jpg

egyptianprdeer.jpg

egyptiangeesebabies2.jpg

egyptianprbabies.jpg

Randy www.spectrumranch.net or www.sosranch.net

Last edited:
I always wanted egyptions
hmm.png

DOnt the male egyptions become meaner during mating season .
i was told they are meaner then any other goose breed when they are in thier breeding season ? is that true

Eygptians are more aggressive than domestic geese. They like to bully other geese or ducks. They are very territorial during breeding and defend the nest very well. They are great parents.THey start breeding at 2 yr old.

The white gene is sex linked (when 2 colored birds that carry the white gene produce a white offspring it will be a female). Which makes White males hard to find.

Even though more aggressive than other geese- they are beautiful and I enjoy raising them. We have a few breeding pairs and several pairs of yearlings.

Randy

I had a pair of white Egyptian geese and they killed one of my Sebastopol hens last fall and then went after a call duck. We kept them in a separate pen but they got out during a wind storm. They have also been known to attach young children. I do think they are beautiful and I loved having them, but it just wasn't worth the risk.

those are Beautiful! I have never seen them before. Too bad they are so mean. I had white embedens and Troulous geese last year and once they got mature they were very aggressive towards strangers and my son who was two yrs old at the time. Because of my son I have to find some that are not aggressive If I want to raise any, but thanks for showing those beauties off.

I have one gander. I bought him for $25.He does bully the other geese and I plan on building him his own pen. We have named him Crash because his honk sounds like something crashing. Do you sale any eggs from your geese?

MVC-580S.jpg

Back
Top Bottom