Lets see your kitties & kittens...

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by rooster0209, May 10, 2008.

1. rooster0209

rooster0209 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2008
    North Dakota
    I have seven cats. Two inside boys and 5 outside cats three of which tend to come in and out. I advocate spaying/neuter/vaccinate of all cats...inside or out.

This is BB.aka bossy grump. I took her in from an abandoned farm..pregnant and $350 later w/an emergency c-section & spay, she thinks she rules the place. Age is guessed at middle age.
    [​IMG]

This is Stinker, aptly named cause she has a strict no touching policy. She came w/BB and is a kitten of hers.[​IMG]

Tigger found her way here about 3yrs ago. She likes me and that is about it. If anyone else is around..she hides. Her & BB have agreed to avoid each other :|
    [​IMG]

(King) Barney, a very old ex-tom cat that has always been here. He rules and loves a belly scratch. Most of his teeth are missing, he doesnt mind a bath and was just about fed up w/his pic taken
    [​IMG]

PC showed up here last year (phantom cat). He has made himself at home and killed all the pocket gophers. Which got him in good graces w/DH. He loves attention and is very talkative
    [​IMG]

Everette is one of my house guys. Mom found him in the pouring rain in the heifer pen when he 4wks old about 5yrs ago. He loves to rest in the sunshine..where ever that may be.
    [​IMG]

Last but not least Arlo, 5yrs., where he shouldnt be..as usual. He was found at about 4wks when DH found him and he was very very hungry. He has not stopped eating and binges & purges once in a while. He can open doors and drawers and is quite ornery...which just makes me love him more..luckily that is DH's side of the sink:D
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 10, 2008
  2. dfunnyfarm

dfunnyfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2008
    ks
    Your kitties are all beautiful. I don't have pictures of mine and Momma cat and her son Grumpy Puss have both been killed this last month. Not really sure what happend. Thanks for sharing your pictures.

3. rooster0209

Apr 7, 2008
    North Dakota
    I am so sorry to hear about Momma cat & Grumpy Puss. How awful.

I am really lucky that we dont have predators around here. People hunt the coyotes or we would have them. Just the occasional skunk, woodchuck or coon. The only coons I have seen have been dead on the road :|

4. dfunnyfarm

dfunnyfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2008
    ks
    I think we have a 2 legged preditor.

5. Feather Dust

Feather Dust Out Of The Brooder

Jan 31, 2008
    Medford,NJ
    Your cats look great and well taken care of! I am looking forward to getting a kitten next week or two. I have her picked out, but she is still nursing. Can't Wait! [​IMG] Her mom was a stray and a friend of a friend took her in. I'll try to get pics when I can.

6. rooster0209

Apr 7, 2008
    North Dakota
    2-legged..too bad u cant shoot them for killing cats like you can the 4 legged kind

We dont have neighbors for miles. that in itself spoils you.

7. penelope77

penelope77 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2008
    northeast oklahoma
    this is just one of my cats, penelope. i had her sister princess before the floods but she went missing afterwards. i went to her owner and she had this one that looked like just like her so i got her. she's a silly thing. i have other cats too but she is my favorite.

[​IMG]

8. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    I wanted to show off my little ladies. I have 4 indooor cats and a few outdoor stray/not really stray anymore cats. I am just gonna show my house cats right now.

First is Petunia. She is an odd eyed (one blue one gold) calico. We call her Tuna Fishy (or just fish) most of the time and my husband says that is why she is a trouble maker. LOL She is sleeping on her favorite quilt in this pic. I made it from my husband's old uniforms and she spends a LOT of time on it. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Next is Gem. She is the most in your face lovey cat I have ever met. Has HUGE gold eyes and purs so loud it rattles the windows. Who knows how she got the scratch on her nose.

[​IMG]

Next is my husband's cat, Lucy. I call her Lucifer. He says that isn't nice....I say, if the shoe fits. LOL I wouldn't trade the spoiled little brat though. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

And last is my little darling. She was abandoned at a creek and is the mother of these other little girls. Her name is Mathilda. She is just perfect, tiny, and can do no wrong. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I can't even imagine life without my cats!!!!

9. Chirpy

Chirpy Balderdash

May 24, 2007
    Colorado
    Here's our two new little girls... the Calica (Chica) was rescued at the Vet's where they were going to put her down because she was a feral kitten and no one wanted her. She loves to be on our shoulders or on the computer helping us.

She really needed a kitten friend so we finally found this tabby who's owner was getting rid of her at six weeks whether she was weaned or not!! I figured better us taking her than someone else ... she's got the best purr engine - really loud.

Together - we have to keep an eye on them yet as Chica is so much bigger at this point. But, they love to play together and sleep together.

[​IMG]

Tiga climbed up under the computer that was on my hubby's lap and fell asleep.

[​IMG]

Chica on my shoulder... one of her favorite places..

[​IMG]

Yup, helping me on the computer...

[​IMG]

Here's she's trying to point out my typing errors..

[​IMG]

10. CoyoteMagic

CoyoteMagic RIP ?-2014

Mine have their own webpages [​IMG] Butter and Bashful are 15. But still terrorize the furred and feathered of the neighborhood. I used to have their mother a beautiful calico named Mow-Mow. The Fat Boy is 12. He just arrived on our doorstep one day. He spends most of the day in the bed, lol. The webpages are kind of old.

Mask-aka Fat Boy http://www.geocities.com/wolfwindspirit/Mask.html

Bashful-aka
    Boo-ba-loo http://www.geocities.com/wolfwindspirit/BASHFULL.html

Butterscotch-aka
    Butter Brains! http://www.geocities.com/wolfwindspirit/Butterscotch.html

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by