Let's start something

Did you know that free-range is no better than battery cages?

Do you want to stop animal cruilty?

You say you love animals right?

How can you say you love them when you eat them?

You don't need meat/eggs/milk to survive, you only want it.

Why do we end the animal's lives just to get what we crave?

Quote:
What Free-range really means - PIC
http://www.veganoutreach.org/freerange/FreeRangeChickens2.jpg

Last edited:
I'm not trying to be controversial but...many on here actually have "free-range" eggs and they ARE nutritionally better than any other eggs.

Yes true free-range is better like what people on BYC have, but that is not what I was talking about. I am refering to those eggs you buy in stores that claim to be "free-range".

Last edited:
Corey..........in ways I agree with you and in ways I don't. Not everyone treats their chickens, cattle, hogs, etc........like most of the BIG egg or meat producers. I DO love my birds and I take very good care of them but, I do eat eggs and chicken. I love deer and I also eat them. I understand this about deer.........left to populate without some kind of management they would overpopulate very rapidly. With hunting they increase an estimated 10% every year. By helping to manage them I help to prevent excessive deer/car accidents, high deer mortality due to disease and crop damage caused by too many deer and too little natural food. I think that most on here feel something for both sides of this discussion but, please don't think that by eatting eggs, chicken, beef, deer or whatever that a lot of us DO NOT LOVE each of these animals.

I think KingsCall is right. I think most of us feel on both sides of the issue. I take the stance that my chickens, dog, cat or whatever I'm raising is my stewardship to see that as long as they are in my care, they get the necessary care, attention and whatever is necessary for a happy life. I will not abandon or otherwise hurt an animal, but if I'm raising them for food, at some point they will become just that, food.

Quote:
I usually don't post in threads like this, but I think LoneCowboy put it absolutely beautifully.

Buff Hooligans, I was going to say the EXACT same thing you did - I'm in agreement. I typically don't post on threads like this either, but in this case, I agree with Buff, Lone Cowboy, and Kings.
(edited to fix my typo!)

Last edited:
Did you know that free-range is no better than battery cages?"

I am looking into this subject, I have yet to have enough info to feel good about making up my mind

Do you want to stop animal cruilty?"

Sure

You say you love animals right?

Yep, I love to hunt them and raise them for the reason of feeding my family.

How can you say you love them when you eat them?

This one is too easy, they taste great, they are just part of the threads of life that make up the fabric.

You don't need meat/eggs/milk to survive, you only want it."

You are strickly correct, however, with out milk - eggs - meat - fur - leather - feathers, ect . that these animals provide life would be a lot less worth living.

Why do we end the animal's lives just to get what we crave?"

Being at the top has it advantages and you really do make it sound as if this is a one way street, as if the animals we choose to raise get nothing in return.

Are you telling us that you and no one in your family has one item in your home that did not come from an animal?

Back
Top Bottom