1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    Not a member yet? join BYC here & then introduce yourself in our community forum here.

Let's talk about gender

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Sparrow, May 5, 2008.

1. Sparrow

Sparrow Songster

Apr 11, 2008
    [​IMG]

These are my bantam(I hope) Barred Rocks from TSC, called Pickle and Pepper. They are just a bit over a month old now, and they LOVE to perch on my arms and shoulders. I'm a little concerned that they might both be roosters, but I wanted to see your opinions on them. [​IMG]

Also, in the picture below, what breed do you think the little week old chickie with the white face is? I think she is a Black Australorp, but she has a lot more white on her than my other Australorps had when they were that young. I call her Delilah.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 5, 2008
  2. lemurchaser

lemurchaser Songster

Apr 11, 2008
    Corvallis, OR
    If the bantams and standards develop similarly, then they are both roosters.

3. tntstanifer

tntstanifer Songster

Nov 1, 2007
    Tennessee
    The angle of the 1st is hard to tell, I want to say roo though, but the 2nd one definitely roo [​IMG] They can be sweethearts though, I have one pullet (8 weeks) that flies up in my lap or on my shoulder, we call her Melody. I haven't named the other 4 yet. I like Pickles & Pepper, cute! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: