1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Let's try this again. What am I? 2 Big pics

Discussion in 'Peafowl' started by missevie, Jan 20, 2011.

1. missevie

missevie Out Of The Brooder

Oct 15, 2010
    Dallas
    I posted my bird on here a while back and no one knew what he/she was. Pretty sure it's a he, but thats about as far as I got.lol. Let's see if him being a little older and somewhat better pics can help. He loves roosting in the aviary as high as he can. He will be 1 yr in June
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Choctaw Valley Farm

Choctaw Valley Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2010
    Oklahoma
    He is a Bronze Male. do you have a hen to go with him?

Steve

3. missevie

Oct 15, 2010
    Dallas
    No. Not yet. Still waiting to hear back from Sid. Then I was going to move my two that aren't ready to breed in with him and put the ready to breed in with Romeo

4. Choctaw Valley Farm

Jan 16, 2010
    Oklahoma
    Sid should have some Bronze hens, but you know how hard it is to get hold of him so keep trying.

Steve

5. missevie

Oct 15, 2010
    Dallas
    I got a hold of him once, but he said he had to go through all his birds and get back to me. That was more than two weeks ago. I know he is super busy and he has so many things going. I hate bugging him so much

6. Choctaw Valley Farm

Jan 16, 2010
    Oklahoma
    That book that I was talking about is called:

UPA Reader's Choice

Favorite Articles from the Magazines of the United Peafowl Association it's 122 pages and sales for like $20.00 plus shipping

7. deerman

deerman Rest in Peace 1949-2012

Aug 24, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    yes a yearling bronze peacock, if you can't find a bronze hen, I would go with another pattern hen split bronze, then you will get some bronze chicks some slit to the new pattern, all chicks would be either bronze or at least split bronze.

8. missevie

Oct 15, 2010
    Dallas
    I dont like bronze. I want color. This bird is like a vulture in my backyard, so drab and ugh. He is very socialized with people and loves being around them, that is the only reason I have not sold him

9. Choctaw Valley Farm

Jan 16, 2010
    Oklahoma
    You could see if he would trade the Bronze for a Blue pair or something. I like the Adult Bronze males when they display in the sun.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 21, 2011
  10. deerman

deerman Rest in Peace 1949-2012

Aug 24, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    Oh so many people think they don't like the bronze until they see one in person in full color....Myself after I saw my first one ,JUST had to have one. Most breeders like Steve said would be glad to trade you a blue for a bronze.

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by