1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Let's try this..FREE sumatra cockeral NY

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by RockyToggRanch, Aug 13, 2008.

1. RockyToggRanch

RockyToggRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2008
    Upstate NY
    I have 14 baby sumatras about 11 wks old, 7 black and 7 blue. If you can help me determine pullets from cockerals, you can have your choice for free! I want to keep five pullets and the rest will be sold. $5. each.
    Oswego County, upstate NY

2. jose408

jose408 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 18, 2008
    san jose california
    do you ship them?

Last edited: Aug 13, 2008
  3. EllyMae

EllyMae Chillin' With My Peeps

I LOVE sumatras and would love to get one from you...do you ship? If so, what would the cost be?

4. RockyToggRanch

May 22, 2008
    Upstate NY
    I'm new to this and wouln't have a clue how to ship them.
    I don't know if I could bring myself to put one in a box. Poor little things. ???

5. jose408

jose408 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 18, 2008
    san jose california
    i can find a link to help you out in shipping its becuase i been wanting some but since no one has them i would buy like 4-5 sumatras but can you provide some pictures for us

6. RockyToggRanch

May 22, 2008
    Upstate NY
    I was hoping someone could help me sex these little ones. I guess in a few months I'll know if they crow.

I paid $25.00 for my rooster last fall and $15. for a hen. She laid 14 eggs and hatched every one of them. She's a great mom and the little ones are very healthy. They free range all day and are excellent fliers. I'm surrounded by state forests, so predators were a fear. Flying is a must! They are beautiful birds!

7. Alycia

Alycia Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 16, 2008
    Where in Oswego County are you? I am in Essex County and have been trying to find a Sumatra for months now!

8. RockyToggRanch

May 22, 2008
    Upstate NY
    I am very near Pulaski. Halfway between Syracuse and Watertown. I travel for work, so could maybe arrange delivery (almost) anywhere in Central NY. Not sure where Essex Co. is ??

Or you could come pick out which one you want. I have pictures, but I can not figure out how to post them with photo bucket, it won't work. These birds are beautiful and a pleasure to have, really. My rooster is the smartest chicken on earth, I swear. [​IMG]

I'll google Essex county now..

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2008
  9. Alycia

Alycia Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 16, 2008
    Essex is on the Vermont border. Pretty far [​IMG]. I definitley wouldn't mind meeting half-way if that would be okay, because a 4 and a half hour trip is kinda hard for us lol.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2008
  10. RockyToggRanch

May 22, 2008
    Upstate NY
    I drive to Norwich for work once in awhile. That's Chenango Co. and a two hour drive for me one way. That's probably as close as I can get to you.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by