TwoCrows

🌻🐦🌻
BYC Staff
Project Manager
Premium Feather Member
13 Years
Mar 21, 2011
New Mexico
Can anyone help with mixing and dosing of this drench wormer?

https://www.vetpoultry.com/products/prohibit-soluble-drench-powder

I believe you mix the packet in one quart of water? What is the dosage I then give orally to a flock of 5 and 6 pound birds? How many consecutive days? Repeat in 10 days? Do I store the mixed batch in the fridge and does it last for 10 days?

Sorry about all the questions, I am clueless about this stuff. Trying to use something other than Safeguard.

Thank you everyone!

I would rather dose them each orally so I know they are getting enough, rather than in drinking water. I have some very finicky hens. But I will use drinking water if we cant come up with a dosage per bird.

I found a PDF on using 8 -16 mg per pound in broiler chickens? Still not sure how to mix it.

Thanks Kathy!

I would rather dose them each orally so I know they are getting enough, rather than in drinking water. I have some very finicky hens. But I will use drinking water if we cant come up with a dosage per bird.

I found a PDF on using 8 -16 mg per pound in broiler chickens? Still not sure how to mix it.

Thanks Kathy!
Can you count out the number of tablespoons in your pack?

Using that dosage I come up with 1 gram of powder per ten birds at the high end of the dosing and using an average weight of 5.5 pounds.

(You need 44-88mg per 5.5# bird and there it's 900mg medication per gram of powder)

I am assuming you cannot weigh out fractions of a gram.

Using that dosage I come up with 1 gram of powder per ten birds at the high end of the dosing and using an average weight of 5.5 pounds.

(You need 44-88mg per 5.5# bird and there it's 900mg medication per gram of powder)

I am assuming you cannot weigh out fractions of a gram.
One teaspoon of most poultry powders weigh 2.5 to 3.3 grams.

Back
Top Bottom