Lewiston Maine Poultry Swaps

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by PollyC, Mar 17, 2013.

1. PollyC

PollyC Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 22, 2008
    Hartford, Maine
    We have also been invited to come on April 6th and be part of the store swap. This event is taking place all across the country as some of my out of state freinds have told me. The time will be 9am-2pm. We will also be having our first swap on April 13th from 9-2.
    You do not have to sell animals to participate. If you have farm products, like soap, yarns, or anything that you produce on your farm or even equipment that you would like to sell bring it. I know it is early for seedlings but they can be brought also. We will have a farmers market also as part of the swaps.

Don't forget to check out the Lewiston Chicken Swap page on Facebook everyone is welcome to join.

2. blueseal

blueseal Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 3, 2008
    WALDOBORO MAINE
    I will be going to Poland maine on the 13th to get 16, 8 week old pullets I ordered. I will swing in on my way back and check it out. I went to one Lewiston swap last year and it was a big crowd of buyers and sellers.

3. hoppy

hoppy I'm not all fluff

May 5, 2007
    central maine
    someone posted there was no one at the swap today. they showed up looking for birds. did it not go on?

Last edited: Apr 6, 2013
  4. PollyC

Sep 22, 2008
    Hartford, Maine
    The one on the 6th was a store swap. We were invited to go if we wanted to. Due to the weather being so cold and windy most felt it was not a good thing to bring animals out in it.

5. PollyC

Sep 22, 2008
    Hartford, Maine
    One week to go til our first chicken swap. I am hopeful that the weather will be good. I will be bringing some Bard Rock pullets that are laying, some Australorps pullets that are laying along with a bunch of chicks. I hope to have my van loaded with birds. I will also have Black Copper Marans hatching eggs not sure how many maybe 2 dozen. I will also have fresh eggs for eating. I will add more as the week goes on.
    I will also have Icelandic chicks and production red chicks.

I will only be bringing 4 of each of the Bard Rocks and Australorps but if anyone would like to preorder more of each let me know and I will bring them. I also have some birds from last summer that look like they are BCM bantys.

6. Egiroux

Egiroux Out Of The Brooder

Dec 5, 2011
    Durham, ME
    I'll be there looking to add a few chicks the 6 I bought a couple weeks ago. Looking for barred rock, jersey giants, or maybe some white egg layers

7. Egiroux

Egiroux Out Of The Brooder

Dec 5, 2011
    Durham, ME
    no one there when I stopped by around 10. guess it was too cold

8. hoppy

hoppy I'm not all fluff

May 5, 2007
    central maine
    we had someone that was from lewiston drive to our swap in waterville to get birds.
    I wondered if this was why.

9. Wee Acre Farm

Wee Acre Farm Out Of The Brooder

Feb 18, 2013
    Maine
    yes it was to cold, and it was snowing earlier here, I drive an hour to get there and not worth bringing babies out there. I realize later in the day it was alot nicer, but that is the way it is. If Someone from that area wants to do the swaps that live closer they can, I would welcome it.

10. Wee Acre Farm

Wee Acre Farm Out Of The Brooder

Feb 18, 2013
    Maine
    Lewiston Swap is coming up. May 11 from 9-2. I hope the weather cooperates. If it is raining and not expected to clear in the morning we will have on Sunday. Make plans to be there, I will be there loaded down with all kinds of things. If you are planning on coming as a seller please try and list what you will be bringing so people can be looking for what they want to buy. If you are looking for something in particular post what you are looking for and maybe someone will bring it for you. Don't forget, you don't have to bring chickens, or farm animals, it can be garden equipement or barn equipment or soaps, or yarns, anythiing for a farm or homestead. I don't know about anyone else but, if you have used magazines like Mother Earth, CountrySide, Grit, or anyother homestead type magazines I'd sure be interested.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by