LF and Bantam in one incubator? Can it be done?

Merrymouse

Crowing
6 Years
Jan 8, 2017
Massachusetts
I went to the poultry congress in Springfield, MA today to purchase some LF hatching eggs, unfortunately the nice women who agreed to sell me the hatching eggs dropped all but three. So I did not want to set my incubator for 3 eggs and the only hatching eggs I could get were Silkies. So I put them both in my Mini Brinsea II. I have a couple of questions.

1. Is it ok to try to hatch LF and Bantams in the same small incubator?
2. Has anyone done this successfully?
3. I have the turning angle set to 9 and set to turn every 45 minutes. It looks like the LF are turning a little more than 1/4 turn and the Silkies are turning 1/2 turn. I have 3 LF and 4 Silkie eggs in my 7 egg incubator. Is this ok that the LF are only turning about 1/4?

I really want the LF to hatch more so than the silkies. Will this work?

Thanks

I also hatch my silkies and game bantams, which are very small together with my large fowl egg layers. I often brood them together for several weeks without any issues.

I've done huge orpington, bantam silkies and teeny tiny seramas in the same incubator and have never had any issues. They all brood and grow up together just fine. I'm getting ready to incubate those same breeds again this week. :)

Back
Top Bottom