LF & Bantam Polish, Dutch Bantams, Ameraucana, Marans ~ MD

Crunchie

Brook Valley Farm
12 Years
Mar 1, 2007
Maryland
It's time to thin the "herd."
smile.png
Before I start listing what I have, let me just say that I know that this post is "useless without pictures!", and I apologize--my laptop won't read my SD card from my camera. I am working on it. In the meantime, feel free to ask for specific pictures if you are interested in anything in particular. I can at least get some cell phone pictures taken/uploaded. Picture in the post link is of one of my bantam Polish from a late hatch last year, same parent stock as the bantams I have for sale--that specific bird is just not for sale.

I have a lot to sell & I'm going to post it all in one post, so please don't hit the Buy it Now button so my listing stays up. Prices vary, so please check out the list below or ask.

I am located in southern MD, and while I do ship, we are still having high temps here and I would prefer to try to sell locally first.

I have a couple of groups that include a cockeral(s) that I do not want to split up, but I do have some LF WC black Polish pullets available, so if you need only pullets, it is a possibility!
smile.png
I know lots of folks can't have/don't need roosters.

[Updated 9/6/2010]

Polish:

3 LF wc black Polish pullets, $15 each. I also have extra cockerals, $7 each.

Pair of bantam Polish. WC chocolate cuckoo cockeral, wc chocolate pullet. $40 for the pair. Bantam wc black cockerals, $7 each.

Dutch:

I have lots of young Dutch bantams and can make someone a pair or trio. Would likely be a splash light brown cockeral and blue cream light brown pullet(s). Let me know if you are interested--If no one wants any, I'm keeping them all.
big_smile.png
They are awesome little birds!

Ameraucanas, Marans, etc:

I don't have any pullets of either breed left, but on the off chance that someone needs any cockerals, I have several blue (& one black) LF Ameraucana cockerals, and 1 black copper Marans cockeral. I have one blue-laced red Wyandotte--I'm about 98% sure it's a rooster. Any of these guys are $5 each.

Please ask if you have any questions! I am pullorum/AI free.

Last edited:
Hey y'all -

I just wanted to say that I visited the Brook Valley Farm this past weekend - I've met Maria several times before, but this was the first time I'd been to her place and met her flock - all I can say is WOW!!!

Her Polish are just totally PERFECT little bobble heads - I have a few in my own flock, and they're AWESOME!! Loved the BCM's and Ameraucanas - so much so, I filled my carriers with some before I left...
wink.png
And those little Dutch bantams are absolutely STUNNING - if I could have stuffed a few in my pockets, I would have, but I didn't have any place to put them once I got home!!

Sure, seeing pics on BYC is always good, but if you're within driving distance, you MUST check out these birds in person - I guarantee you won't be able to leave empty handed!!!

Thanks for a great day, Maria - I had a blast just "talkin' chicken" with you, and hangin' out with the goats! And meeting Homer, the peacock was pretty cool, too!

Aw, thanks for the awesome compliments, Kathy! You know I had a great time talkin' chicken...it's so nice to chat with someone who, well, actually wants to talk about chickens (unlike my hubby & most other people I corner into chicken conversations
lol.png
). And Homer & the goats love visitors!

I'm going to update my original post shortly, but I *think* that I am now out of bantam Polish with the exception of the pair (choc cuckoo rooster/choc pullet). I have to go do another head count out in the chicken building before I make an official update, though.
smile.png
I am probably selling a few of this year's breeding birds, too, so if anyone is looking for anything specific please just ask!

I'm interested in a Dutch bantam pullet. Where in MD are you? I'd be driving from Harrisburg (are you traveling through that way)? I'd love pictures. Message me and I will give you my cell phone number. Yes, when I start talking chicken, my hubby's eye glaze over, lol.

Quote:
Come and get one! I have two. I think one is nicer than the other, but the one I think is nicer is also older--the younger one may just need to grow up a bit. Let me know if you really want one though, all of my extra boys are leaving some time next week if they don't find new homes soon.
smile.png

Quote:
I already have someone interested in my extra Dutch, so I don't think that I will have an extra pullet available--I actually wasn't planning on selling any pullets, but I have an extra cockeral that I wanted to re-home, so I was selling him with a lady or two--but I will definitely let you know if I end up with an extra girl I can sell! I think that we are about 3 to 3 1/2 hours from Harrisburg (I am actually passing near there right now as we speak...
lol.png
).

Have you been through Youngstown yet? I could take an Ameraucana roo(blue) off your hands
smile.png
If not I would be interested if you could ship once it cools off a bit.

Last edited:
Quote:
Awww...I was in Youngstown on Thursday. Sorry, I'm back home now! But I can ship one if you want--it's actually really nice here right now, as long as we keep an eye on the weather & ship when it's reasonably cool, it would probably be fine. They are old enough to have a bit of weight on them at this point, so it might be pricey to ship (plus I have to charge $10 for the box, that's what they cost me). But if you are interested, let me know. I think I have at least 3 blue boys out in the "bachelor pad," and I can get you some pictures.

Back
Top Bottom