Lf Black Phoenix Chicks, Imported Lines

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Boggy Bottom Bantams, May 8, 2011.

1. Boggy Bottom Bantams

Boggy Bottom Bantams Overrun With Chickens

Mar 9, 2008
    Hahira, GA
    I recently got a large breeder group of imported German Schubert Black Phoenix from Toni-Marie Astin , from her 2002 imports with the goal of helping her spread them around a bit. Well I have all I can handle hatched out for myself now and just put nearly 50 more in the incubator a week ago so I figured I would offer them for sell here on BYC .
    I would prefer the serious long tail keepers get these, but these will also be an excellent line for anyone just starting out as well.
    These were imported by Toni-Marie from Marc King of Italy. Marc has also used Kurokashiva in this line. Kurokashiva are a Long tailed, long crowing black bird from Japan that only about 3 people have in the world outside of Japan. They themselves are a super rare find, and a beautiful black bird. To me these are extremely similar to them. These phoenix have taken some of those charactoristics, longer crows, and slower feather growth for example, usually taking 2 years to show their full potential.

I am sorry, I do not have pics uploaded of them just yet as I havent even considered parting with any til now, but these are excellent birds from world renown breeders.
    If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.
    I should have 35-40 easily from this batch, or can hatch some at a later date for you too if needed.
    Minumim safe shipping number will be 15. Though you can take as many as you want over that as well.
    If available, second place bidder can have a set as well.
    I only ship chicks Express mail. The $40 covers that, the box, box liner, 72 hour heat pack, and places $100 of insurance on the box for you.
    I believe these are due to hatch on the 23rd will ship imediately after the hatch and will send the tracking # to you that evening.
    bid price is per chick

2. lcw1995

lcw1995 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 27, 2010
    Marysville Ohio
    When you get pics, post them please?? Id like to check em out before I bid.
    Lcw1995

3. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

Boggy always has gorgeous birds...... When I get set at a new place I'll be getting some.... [​IMG]

4. lcw1995

lcw1995 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 27, 2010
    Marysville Ohio
    Oh yes, he has amazing birds.
    Lcw1995.

Last edited: May 15, 2011
  5. Boggy Bottom Bantams

Boggy Bottom Bantams Overrun With Chickens

Mar 9, 2008
    Hahira, GA
    will post some as soon as I get time, but honestly I'm swamped so dont count on it any time soon. Here's Toni's site, first bird piced is one of their mothers, best I can do right now, also with these being imports, if they sell good, if not I sure dont mind keeping them LOL
    http://countrywhatnotgardens.com/bantamlongtails/

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by