LF Lavender Rumpless Araucana (COLLONCA) Grow outs

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by wilds of pa, Nov 23, 2009.

1. wilds of pa

wilds of pa Chillin' With My Peeps

Been meaning to share these photos of some of our project Lf Rumpless Araucana (COLLONCA) Grow outs.
    Finally got some to share..Got a variety of ages growing out for this Lavender Araucana Project...
    The Lavender Queteros side is looking very good as well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 23, 2009
  2. AHappychick

AHappychick Wanna-be Farmer

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    oh its a shame they arent turning out nice, I think you should send them to me, I'll get used to their ugliness...

just kidding I am very jealous they are so pretty! Have you gotten any with tufts yet?

3. wilds of pa

Thank you.. [​IMG]

Well we have full lavender in tufted tailed(Queteros) just about ready to breed already, however I'm going to be breeding some of them to the Split black/ lavender rumpless collonca hens until some of the full lavender rumpless collonca are ready to breed(soon).

By spring we should have some Pure full lavender araucana sporting both traits on chicks..hopefully..

These projects take time but they are worth every bit of time put into them..very enjoyable as well..

Last edited: Nov 23, 2009
  4. WestKnollAmy

WestKnollAmy The Crazy Chicken Lady

Apr 22, 2008
    upstate SC
    Absolutely gorgeous! [​IMG] You are making me drool![​IMG]

5. joletabey

joletabey SDWD!!!!

Apr 9, 2009
    western NC
    They are really pretty- I love their eyes- they seem really big! And if you start to not like them, lavender is my favorite color. . . . .

6. Bantimna

Bantimna Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2009
    South Africa
    [​IMG] I haven't drooled for quite some time

7. Linkoso

Linkoso Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2009
    Swe.
    Ah! [​IMG] So beatuiful! I also have 2 of those birds (but the UK version with tail)
    Really love them... Lavender is my absolutely favorite color! ;D

Pullet
    [​IMG]

Cockerel
    [​IMG]

And one of my "viltfärgade" (what is viltfärgad on english... hum [​IMG]) rumpless ones to. [​IMG] Cutie! ;D

[​IMG]

8. wilds of pa

Cool color surely looks to be lavender as well., UK version can have crests, muffs and beards along with tufts to...hole lot going on in the UK versions..

Thanks For sharing as well..[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 6, 2009
  9. SkyBlueEgg

SkyBlueEgg Out Of The Brooder

Aug 6, 2008
    Winnfield
    Hi all,

Hope you don't mind if I jump in here. The pullet pictured just got here today. I am pretty sure she is Lavender. What do you all think? [​IMG] She is straight Araucana and of a closed flock of whites that periodically produces some "off" colors.

[​IMG]

Ann

Last edited: Jan 6, 2010
  10. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    Ann, she appears to be a very light blue. What a lovely girl! You can tell she is blue by the blue on the outward feather shaft that faces you. Lavender will have white shafts.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by