LG 6300 Automatic Egg Turner...will it turn BANTAM egg's correctly???

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by k2chickens, Jun 10, 2009.

1. k2chickens

k2chickens Songster

Apr 22, 2009
    New Castle, Indiana
    Like it say's... im wanting to know if bantam egg's work well with the LG egg turner?? Or will i need to purchase the "Quail Rails" to turn my banty egg's the right way??

2. azelgin

azelgin Songster

Jan 18, 2008
    S.E. AZ
    They should work fine. The quail racks would be too small.

3. k2chickens

k2chickens Songster

Apr 22, 2009
    New Castle, Indiana
    Quote:thank's for your input, but i want to be 100% sure by someone who has used the turner for bantam eggs [​IMG]

4. azelgin

azelgin Songster

Jan 18, 2008
    S.E. AZ
    I've used the Hove turner for both std. and quail eggs. I would think the LG both similar. I have Dutch bantams. They lay one of the smallest eggs of all the bantam breeds and the quail racks are too small. Good luck to you.

5. k2chickens

k2chickens Songster

Apr 22, 2009
    New Castle, Indiana
    ?

6. Yes it will work I have that turner and I can incubate both standard and bantam eggs. Good luck with your hatch!! [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 10, 2009
  7. GracefulBantams

GracefulBantams Hatching and Showing

Oct 10, 2007
    Oklahoma
    I have the "regular" egg racks and the Quail egg racks for my turner. My Bantam eggs fit fine in the "regular" egg racks, but are about twice too big for the Quail egg racks (those Quail eggs must be tiny!!)

8. k2chickens

k2chickens Songster

Apr 22, 2009
    New Castle, Indiana
    thank you guys sooo much

9. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Quote:Just about the only egg I have incubated that the LG turner would not hold were button quail. They slip right through the holes. Bantam eggs will fit just fine. You could get some pheasant egg racks, if you want to set more eggs, but they are not necessary.

10. poultryhaven

poultryhaven Addicted to Seramas!

Jan 19, 2009
    Ocala, FL
    I have all 3 eggs (Buttons, Bantams, and standard lol) go in my LG with the turner and the bantams go in the regular ones they wont fit in the quail racks

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: