LG 6300 Automatic Egg Turner...will it turn BANTAM egg's correctly???

k2chickens

Songster
10 Years
Apr 22, 2009
New Castle, Indiana
Like it say's... im wanting to know if bantam egg's work well with the LG egg turner?? Or will i need to purchase the "Quail Rails" to turn my banty egg's the right way??

Quote:
thank's for your input, but i want to be 100% sure by someone who has used the turner for bantam eggs
cool.png

I've used the Hove turner for both std. and quail eggs. I would think the LG both similar. I have Dutch bantams. They lay one of the smallest eggs of all the bantam breeds and the quail racks are too small. Good luck to you.

I have the "regular" egg racks and the Quail egg racks for my turner. My Bantam eggs fit fine in the "regular" egg racks, but are about twice too big for the Quail egg racks (those Quail eggs must be tiny!!)

Quote:
Just about the only egg I have incubated that the LG turner would not hold were button quail. They slip right through the holes. Bantam eggs will fit just fine. You could get some pheasant egg racks, if you want to set more eggs, but they are not necessary.

I have all 3 eggs (Buttons, Bantams, and standard lol) go in my LG with the turner and the bantams go in the regular ones they wont fit in the quail racks

Back
Top Bottom