LG bator possessed?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by rekabnivek, Jul 24, 2011.

1. rekabnivek

rekabnivek Out Of The Brooder

Jul 7, 2011
    We have an LG incubator full of eggs due to hatch around the first week in August and I believe it is possessed. It is constantly readjusting itself and we don't even open the bator. I am worried about lockdown for the eggs in this bator. Should we look at setting up a second bator for lock down? We also have an ancient bator with 12 eggs that is doing much better. Husband wrapped it with duct tape and it holds humidity and temp. much better. I would like to have one of these for lockdown vs. the LG. Any suggestions?

2. ozark_chickies

ozark_chickies Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2011
    Arkansas
    I've thought the same thing about my LG. I did two hatches and never touched the dial, then on my last hatch it went crazy after I started lock down. Been running it this week egg free just to see what IT wants to do....and it is keeping a steady temp [​IMG] . The only thing I did different on the 3 hatching, was not using the egg turner on hatch number 2.

Is your LG in a draft free, and steady temp area? You might try duct taping it, or draping it in a blacket. Keep it away from the AC and windows, and constant light. Good Luck .

3. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm

Assuming you are not talking about the normal craziness of still air http://cmfarm.us/stillair.html incubator, I would assume the turn knob resister on the LG thermostat is failing.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2011
  4. rebel yell

rebel yell Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2010
    Alabama
    I think all LGs are possessed, when damp air hits that so called thermostat in them it goes crazy, replace it with a wafer thermostat & you will be a lot better off. but thats just me, i have had my time with them to (LGs), good luck !!!!!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by