LG still air temp/candling results. Help!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by mr.majestik, Jul 20, 2008.

1. mr.majestik

mr.majestik Out Of The Brooder

Jul 9, 2008
    GA
    I recently bought a LG still air and have had 15 RIR in there for seven days. I candled today and see vein development but no embryo. I have a wet bulb thermometer on top of the eggs reading 101 and a digital on top of the turner reading 98. Humidity is at 40-50%. Should I crank the temps up so the digital at mid egg level reads 100 and top of the eggs reads 102-103? My Rcom three egg and Miss Prissy model both have embryonic development already. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

2. chickalator

chickalator Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2008
    Senoia Georgia
    i would leave it. sending lots of hatching vibes your way [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

3. Wooden_Pony

Wooden_Pony Chillin' With My Peeps

Just because you do not see an embryo does not mean it is not in there. If you see veining your temps are good.

Wait and re~candle on day 10 you will see a big differece in the eggs that are still developing. If you have any questionable eggs wait until you candle again on day 14 sometimes on certain ones I wait until day 18's candling, especially on the dark shelled eggs.

4. mr.majestik

mr.majestik Out Of The Brooder

Jul 9, 2008
    GA
    Great advice and much appreciated. Didnt want to jump the gun and crank the temps up without educated feedback. Thanks guys I love this forum!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by