LG Still Air, Temp Not Steady, Driving Me NUTS....

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by PineBurrowPeeps, Jan 19, 2009.

1. Anything I can do or is this just the norm for this bator?
    I have been tweaking it on and off for a couple of days and for awhile it was just right, and then it would jump as high as 108 (!) or as low as 88... And that's water wiggly temp, not air temp.

What to do, anything? (besides buy a different bator!)

I wanted to add that I'm usually noticing the big spikes and dip like first thing in the morning or around dusk...

Last edited: Jan 19, 2009
  2. Epona142

Epona142 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2008
    Bedias, TX
    I know a lot of people have issues with the LG but mine is rock steady. I would return yours and try to get another one, it sounds defective.

Also, my room is constantly changing temperature, but the incubator rarely fluctuates more than a degree.

3. Rufflemyfeathers

Rufflemyfeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2008
    Astatula Florida
    Once I get mine sorta in the neighborhood want it I then leave it alone..I know when I put fresh eggs in it tends to go up some.. but pretty much been in control of itself.

4. rebecca100

rebecca100 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2008
    Arkansas
    I posted earlier today with the same thing about my LG still air. There were some good ideas there. It's the one about the incubator not holding its temps earlier today. If it's like mine it doesn't hatch worth a durn either. Mine especially spikes or dips with the temp of the room. That may be why yours does it a certain times.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2009
  5. Chix-in-GA

Chix-in-GA Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 17, 2008
    Nashville, GA
    I have noticed that the LG is very sensitive to temp changes in the room. Seems to drop at night and then raise back during the day..even going a bit higher.

Make sure the bator is in a stable room. I found that my half bath is perfect...keep the lights out and door closed all the time.

Hope this helps some. [​IMG]

6. Rufflemyfeathers

Rufflemyfeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2008
    Astatula Florida
    I went to high school in Nashville Ga grew up in Enigma and lived in MN and WI and now in Florida..I just saw you from Nashville..went to Berrien High when I was young.

I would really like to get one of those nice incubators for future hatching..maybe will get one for my birthday in May..I will hint to hubby. [​IMG]

Quote:

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by