1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

LG still air temp range 99.7-100.2

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by tommysgirl, Mar 18, 2013.

1. tommysgirl

tommysgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2012
    I spent the weekend with an empty LG on loan from a friend. She had really good success with it just following the inclosed instructions.

I have been pouring over BYC hatching threads and cornering BYC hatch experts where they lurk to maximize my hatch which will include some very special shipped eggs from a couple of BYC ladies.

I have been able to easily get it to maintain temps slightly above and below the 100 mark. Still working on getting right there but am wondering how big a deal it is if I don't

I have 4 thermometers in there including a digital. My friend who loaned it to me just used the one that came with the bator which I don't think would show the 1/2 degree difference. Am I over teching myself?

2. tec27

tec27 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2011
    Pittsburgh
    honestly you can hatch between 97-102. You always wanna be a little bit colder than hotter if the temps vary. Exact temp isnt really important. You just dont want to get too hot because you'll cook the eggs and you dont want to get too cold because development will cease and the embryo will die. Just stay in this range and you'll be fine.

3. tommysgirl

tommysgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2012
    Thanks. Appreciate so much the reassurance!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by