LG Still Air?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Bettacreek, Feb 2, 2009.

1. Bettacreek

Bettacreek Overrun With Chickens

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    Well, now that I'm getting a bator from Sam (LG Forced air) I've been thinking about getting another one in the near future. There are some of the still airs at TSC for around $40. Are these worth it or should I try to find another used forced air? I would probably use this as a hatcher, but might use it as a second incubator, depending on how many eggs I have. What is the usual success rate with the still airs? Are they a pain in the butt if you plan on hand turning? My current bator I stick something under it and tip the entire bator, would I be able to do this with the still air without any problems with uneven heat?

2. JanieMarie

JanieMarie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2008
    Georgetown, Minnesota
    You'd spill the water in the channel for humidity turning it this way. A 2nd bator for a hatcher is a good idea and a must for staggered hatches

3. Bettacreek

Bettacreek Overrun With Chickens

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    I'd use sponges for the humidity. I actually really like using sponges, because I can cut a hole in the sponge, insert airline tubing INSIDE of the sponge, and it just, well, I don't know, but I like this method, lol.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by