LG - Very Uneven Temps and no chirping on day 21!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by plumcreek, Feb 8, 2013.

1. plumcreek

plumcreek Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2010
    My little giant has been sitting at the perfect temp (so I though) when we had two digital thermometers through the vent holes on top, one on each side. The thermometers were tested uising the ice water method and also read the same when placed in the same spot in the incubator so they are accurate and in sync.
    When I went to put my eggs in lockdown and took them out of the turner I moved one of the probes to the side. It is sitting at the same height as the other about 3 inches from the wall by the outermost egg. It reads 95/96 while the other in the center reads 99/100! This room is a constant temp and the temps hold perfectly steady but stay that far apart. The incubator environment could not be any better so it seems to me this problem would be present in any LG incubator...so is it ok? Am I over thinking it? I have hatched in this incubator before. It is still air, had a turner but that was removed and the temp adjusted up to account for the eggs being lower in the bator.
    Here is a pic, I got it to 97 for a moment but that is the highest the outside has read and dropped right back down to 96. You an see the probe right next to that bottom-most left egg.
    [​IMG]

It is now day 21 and there are no chirps or pips.

2. plumcreek

plumcreek Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2010
    Decided to open it during lockdown to move the eggs out of the hot spot and raise the temp a bit... hope I didn't make the wrong choice. =(

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by