LG12300 won't heat up above 72

wolfandfinch

Songster
10 Years
Jan 5, 2011
Vancouver BC
Edited - I forgot it was a 12300 not a 9300

Hey there. I have been on a 6 year chicken hiatus, but got a little giant 9300 with forced air and an automatic egg turner for Christmas. Got a line on healthy eggs, got the incubator set up and checked it, worked fine got to temp. Went and picked up eggs. Had to move it to a different outlet, the one it was on was being tripped too often, have now tried several outlets and just can't get it to get above 72 degrees. I'm going to have to throw away the eggs today after trying all weekend to troubleshoot. Room is staying around 65-75 day and night.

Have tried:
* keeping in both vent plugs
* wrapping with blankets
* new outlets
* unplugging automatic turner (same outlet)

Really distressed to have to toss these eggs, luckily she dated them so I might have a couple that I can salvage if I can get this working today/tomorrow.

Any insights?

Last edited:
Perhaps there is a broken wire in the cord. There can be failure at any point in the circuitry.
Be prepared to understand that the controller is non-functional.
If it ever got wet, circuitry can fail.

Perhaps there is a broken wire in the cord. There can be failure at any point in the circuitry.
Be prepared to understand that the controller is non-functional.
If it ever got wet, circuitry can fail.
All the wires look solid. It never got wet, it's brand new out of the box.

I tried looking into checking it with a voltmeter but i'd have to take it apart to access the solder points. I'm not willing to risk pulling it apart if I want to return it. What a bummer!

Maybe returning is the best bet.
When I used a little giant incubator, all the wiring was exposed under the cover.
Can you feel heat coming from the heat element?

Maybe returning is the best bet.
When I used a little giant incubator, all the wiring was exposed under the cover.
Can you feel heat coming from the heat element?
None at all. I think I just got a dud! What a bummer. I found a friend to loan me hers so I don't waste these eggs. ARGH!

So I am returning the unit. It's obviously faulty and since it's brand new it's better to return than to try and fix it myself. I am currently getting help from the manufacturer. Their email, in case anyone else needs it for their Little Giant Incubator problems, is [email protected]

Back
Top Bottom