LGBTQ+ Poultry Keepers

and let’s not create separation. we can all be in one forum about chickens. that’s kind of the point...
Everyone is all on the same forum together. No different than some of the other specialty chit chat groups like "coffee club" which is on my sidebar at the moment. I mean, I prefer tea, but I don't begrudge them their coffee chatter.

Also fun fact, I don't know specifically about chickens, but birds are quite often homosexual, it has been well documented in penguins and is a very normal thing to have happen in a pigeon loft. I have a horse that is gay or at the very least bi and is in a very loving and committed relationship with his male pasturemate. Bonobos are... not even sure how to classify them... they take the 60's free love movement to a whole new level... with everyone... and they are one of humanities closest relatives. Nothing wrong with being cis or heterosexual, I mean, I am and so is my husband, but nothing wrong with not being cis or het either no matter where in the animal kingdom you happen to fall.

Welcome to the thread if you want to hang out and chat.

and let’s not create separation. we can all be in one forum about chickens. that’s kind of the point...
Yes, it's a chicken forum, with many sub-forums.
There's all kinds of 'special interest' threads on BYC.
If you're not interested, don't read the thread ;)

Hey guys! Sorry I haven’t been active for a bit, but me and my girlfriend had a “snow day” yesterday with the chicks and it was actually pretty fun! (Even though I was only able to be out in it for like 10 minutes because I had to go to rehearsal) Anyways, we got ten eggs yesterday, which is the most we’ve ever gotten! It was so cute watching the girls play in the snow, especially when they would “chase” each other 😂💓

Attachments

• 1567E69A-772F-44F0-A4EE-FB3E40730628.jpeg
    1567E69A-772F-44F0-A4EE-FB3E40730628.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 3
  • 162EC2BE-525C-45A9-BC92-6BB64C59A732.png
    162EC2BE-525C-45A9-BC92-6BB64C59A732.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 3
  • 8798A8C4-D21E-466C-AC9E-032B57495021.jpeg
    8798A8C4-D21E-466C-AC9E-032B57495021.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 2
I am married and heterosexual, but find this thread so good at de-mystifying all the abbreviations/meanings. I don't want to offend people, but figuring out correct pronouns is hard for me! thanks

Hey! Thanks for doing the work of learning. :) Language is always changing and sometimes it gets harder to parse. But in this case it makes so many people more comfortable and happy. It also is a huge indicator that not only do you respect LGBT+ but that people being LGBT+phobic around you won't be welcome. It's like carrying a little bit of safety for the community with you everywhere you go. So thanks for doing something small to keep the LGBT+ community a little safer.

Back
Top Bottom