LGBTQ+ Poultry Keepers

Omg sometimes amazon is amazing.

welp I have worms. A heavy infection of roundworms I believe. Time to deworm. I found absolutely nothing else on the slides, I’m so pleased that I have this option.

59749BA2-3434-4862-85CF-2EA859EFDA9A.jpeg

Omg sometimes amazon is amazing.

welp I have worms. A heavy infection of roundworms I believe. Time to deworm. I found absolutely nothing else on the slides, I’m so pleased that I have this option.

View attachment 2275122
Dang you got it already!!??
So what magnification is that?
Roundworm egg?.....lots of them?...How did you ID??
Oops, there goes the question machine gun! :oops:

Dang you got it already!!??
So what magnification is that?
Roundworm egg?.....lots of them?...How did you ID??
Oops, there goes the question machine gun! :oops:
I know.... so fast.

I think that’s 100?

it’s either roundworm or cecal. I haven’t 100% decided but I’m pretty certain that’s roundworm because of both the symptoms and the look. I’m going to look for more photos today and probably run another on another bird tomorrow and compare. My first guess was cecal but a few of the worms were maybe a little rounder than this photo so....

there’s LOTS too in this chicken so I’m trying to make sure the safest route of getting them all out. My grid math says almost 2000 eggs a gram. I counted 85 on the slide. do you have an opinion on what you see?

Hey guys, an update on my crummy life...

First of all, good news for me. My hand is starting to heal, thankfully, but I probably won’t be able to move it for another week or so. I’ve been keeping it in a splint, as lots of movement could snap the tendon, it is already quite weak.

And then, today, I was called r******* here on BYC. The mods haven’t seen the many reports to the best of my knowledge, and I know the person that said it is probably a minor, but it still stung. It’s a word I know all too well. Hopefully the mods deal with him, emphasising hopefully.

One of my EEs is probably going to start laying soon, so good. I’ve seen her mating with my cockerel, and she squats, and her comb is pretty red, so she should start soon.

Last edited:
@Ihavesomechickens They will. They're really bad at recognizing passive/micro aggression but regular kind they're usually on top of. (Actually it looks like said post is already gone.) I'm sorry you're dealing with that. <3

I'm glad to hear you're healing up well, and that your chickens are due to lay soon! How old are they? Mine are getting ready to start soon too. Maybe they'll start laying on the same day. <3

@Ihavesomechickens They will. They're really bad at recognizing passive/micro aggression but regular kind they're usually on top of. (Actually it looks like said post is already gone.) I'm sorry you're dealing with that. <3

I'm glad to hear you're healing up well, and that your chickens are due to lay soon! How old are they? Mine are getting ready to start soon too. Maybe they'll start laying on the same day. <3
They are 18 weeks on Wednesday. I wasn’t expecting them to start showing signs so soon, but it looks like my other 2 EE pullets aren’t going to be laying for quite awhile.

The owner of the thread of happened in locked it for the time being to discourage the trolls from coming back for more. Between me and the other people being harassed, we probably reported the trolls 20~ times. The OP is reaching out to a moderator now, so maybe they will finally notice.

Back
Top Bottom