LGBTQ+ Poultry Keepers

Updating to let you all know that I'm taking a tiny break from here for a few days. Got a personal issue going on that concerns my safety. I haven't been harmed but I won't be using my phone or any computers until the police tell me it's safe to.

However, a good update I do have to share is that one of the duck eggs has a tiny vein that I could see.

Updating to let you all know that I'm taking a tiny break from here for a few days. Got a personal issue going on that concerns my safety. I haven't been harmed but I won't be using my phone or any computers until the police tell me it's safe to.

However, a good update I do have to share is that one of the duck eggs has a tiny vein that I could see.
Hope everything turns out ok. Stay safe!:hugs

Hi everyone,
I need some help with my new EEs. I have tried integrating them and while ther has been no major fights, the EEs won't come out of the coop and hide in there all day even when I let my other chickens out to free range. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!

Hi everyone,
I need some help with my new EEs. I have tried integrating them and while ther has been no major fights, the EEs won't come out of the coop and hide in there all day even when I let my other chickens out to free range. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!
Tell us how you integrated them and the timeline ...
....and post some pics of coop and run.
I'd force(gently but firmly) them out of the coop while the others are ranging.

I gave them a few days to get used to each other in the run opposite each other and it seemed to go ok. Then I put the EEs in the coop for the night and there was no fighting so I thought I was good. The next day one of the EEs came down and the other ones chased her around and she submitted but again no blood or anything and then since then they haven't really come out but all of them sleep in the coop together at night

Attachments

• 20200506_192458.jpg
    20200506_192458.jpg
    710.2 KB · Views: 4
I gave them a few days to get used to each other in the run opposite each other and it seemed to go ok. Then I put the EEs in the coop for the night and there was no fighting so I thought I was good. The next day one of the EEs came down and the other ones chased her around and she submitted but again no blood or anything and then since then they haven't really come out but all of them sleep in the coop together at night
How many existing birds, how many new ones?
A few days might not have been long enough......but.....might want to 'clutter your run':
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/a-cluttered-run.1323792/

Hey everyone, how have you all been doing?

I’m getting in touch with a lady that breeds silkies, so hopefully I’ll have some chicks soon. She hasn’t been giving me straight answers for my questions though, sort of frustrating. Took multiple emails to figure out whether she bred for vaulted skulls or not, and the answer was “some have vaulted skulls, some don’t.” It’s not sort of frustrating, it is VERY frustrating. I’m trying to stay patient though, I really want these silkies. Crossing my fingers she gets back to me about dates soon.

Well I'm back. A little shaken up but doing fine.
Also, one of the duck eggs is definitely progressing well. A little bummed that that's the only one but I'm at least happy though to see something.
Glad you're doing ok and it is safe for you to be back.

Sorry about your eggs, it seems like shipped eggs are always kind of a guessing game though so at least you have 1 that should be ok.

Back
Top Bottom