LGBTQ+ Poultry Keepers

What do you do with the furs?

If they're nice we tan them by hand and make stuff from them. I don't have a lot of photos, but here's one of some slippers I made for a pal last Yule. :)

20191220_155103.jpg

If they're super messed up for whatever reason they get composted. But we freeze and later tan what we can.

If they're nice we tan them by hand and make stuff from them. I don't have a lot of photos, but here's one of some slippers I made for a pal last Yule. :)

View attachment 2406694

If they're super messed up for whatever reason they get composted. But we freeze and later tan what we can.
Those slippers look amazing!

Dreading the 'dark season' as usual,
and the gathering restrictions(being both followed and ignored) are an added anxiety.
Yeah, and no eggs...most my birds are older and my one pullet went broody after a month of laying. Broke easy but not laying again yet.
No eggs here either. Except a quail egg or two every now and then. :lol:

No eggs here either! Everyone is in a heavy molt. For two weeks I’ve only gotten eggs from my white French Marans. And now she’s molting too. 🤷🏼‍♀️ I’ve got too many in cartons anyhow. I pickled a lot last year, but I have to come to terms with the fact that I hate pickled eggs. I try constantly and never like more than one bite.
I have rabbits too, but they’re for breeding and cuddling only. I love the sustainability aspect of raising for meat, but I prefer raising for 4h showing for neighborhood kids.
501D2087-319D-420D-899B-B84B1BF9C161.jpeg

Thanks, Kusunar. :)

Lizzy, that's valid. I get a lot of 4Hers too. Really looking forward to the rabbit I am getting this weekend. I'm very excited. I'm getting a good price on a show quality rabbit due to a missing toe during a breeding accident. I'm REALLY excited about it. I can't wait to show him off!

Back
Top Bottom