LGBTQ+ Poultry Keepers

Have always dressed androgynously....peoples reactions can be a real hoot!
I look pretty female so I don't typically get confused people even though I wear mens pants and a t-shirt or a big oversized hoodie most of the time. I did get a guy at Gander Mountain that we suspect was a pedo thinking I was a little boy once though. I had wandered into the boys clothing because they had a display of toys in there that I was looking at and he came over and was being creepy until my husband came over and then he vanished way too fast for him to have had good intentions. In hindsight it was fairly funny as no harm was done and the way he vanished instantly.. My husband still picks on me about being pedo bait...

The best time I ever had at an anime con I was crossplaying a young male character. My face was entirely covered and I was covered in huge clothing head to toe. People treated me totally different when they assumed I was male or didn't know. And it was extremely freeing too.
I saw a post by a guy who started getting obnoxious and condescending e-mails from one of his usually good to with with clients, he then realized that he shares an account with a female coworker and had been using her signature in error, he switched the signature back and all of a sudden the client was their normal, easy to get along with self. So, they did an experiment. The woman used his signature when dealing with some of her more hard to get along with clients, same person helping them, same level of customer service, but night and day a difference in the attitudes between her helping them as her and when she used his signature.

Really sad...

I saw a post by a guy who started getting obnoxious and condescending e-mails from one of his usually good to with with clients, he then realized that he shares an account with a female coworker and had been using her signature in error, he switched the signature back and all of a sudden the client was their normal, easy to get along with self. So, they did an experiment. The woman used his signature when dealing with some of her more hard to get along with clients, same person helping them, same level of customer service, but night and day a difference in the attitudes between her helping them as her and when she used his signature.

Really sad...
Gender revealing name was the only difference?
Find it odd that co-workers would share an email account.

Gender revealing name was the only difference?
Find it odd that co-workers would share an email account.
It's actually pretty common in sales and customer service. For example, in our company we have 3 people in the parts room that share an e-mail account and several of my suppliers (I'm in purchasing) also have shared accounts for their employees that work in the same department.

Many of my supplier contacts are [email protected] and they reply back from the exact same e-mail address but there are several different signatures associated with that e-mail, it means that if someone leaves the company that I don't have to change my e-mail list for them, whoever is filling in will still get the orders.

It SOUNDS strange but is much more common than you would think.

Hi! Boy were some of these replies disappointing.. I had to stop reading after awhile.
I'm not LGBTQIA+ but have always been an ally. I used to wear a trans ally pin on my leather jacket at a very rural, very conservative school. I think the only thing that saved me from comments on that were that nobody probably knew what it meant. I did get plenty of other comments though.
I'm sorry for what you guys experience and go through. It seems like we have made so much progress as a society in some ways, but then some areas/people are still stuck back in the 1800's lol. It really is unfortunate. Anyways, I got your back :)

Back
Top Bottom