LGBTQ+ Poultry Keepers

I’m unfamiliar with cis, but welcome!
Not out to anyone but my husband either. Such a difficult topic to bring up with anyone else.
Cis is short for “cisgendered” which means that your gender and identity corresponds with your birth gender. Most of the world is “cis” and it’s a word to provide context to “trans”.

It comes from the prefix meaning of trans. It’s opposites like “Herero” and “homo”. I think cis means something like “this side of” and trans means “the other side of”.

Cis is short for “cisgendered” which means that your gender and identity corresponds with your birth gender. Most of the world is “cis” and it’s a word to provide context to “trans”.

It comes from the prefix meaning of trans. It’s opposites like “Herero” and “homo”. I think cis means something like “this side of” and trans means “the other side of”.
:goodpost:

Wow!
Thanks for that, had not heard that before and am happy to learn.
I’m CIS also.

Thanks!

Yup!

Back
Top Bottom