LGBTQ+ Poultry Keepers

Also, any tips on how to break a broody?
My experience goes about like this: After her setting for 3 days and nights in the nest (or as soon as I know they are broody), I put her in a wire dog crate (24"L x 18"W x 21"H) with smaller wire(1x2) on the bottom but no bedding, set up on a couple of 4x4's right in the coop or run with feed and water.

After 48 hours I let her out of crate very near roosting time(30-60 mins) if she goes to roost great, if she goes to nest put her back in crate for another 48 hours.

Tho not necessary a chunk of 2x4 for a 'roost' was added to crate floor after pic was taken, gives the feet a break from the wire floor and encourages roosting.
1620945721384.png

Hello and happy pride month! It might not be June yet for some, but it is for me; I'm in a different time zone right now.

To the mods: I know our old thread got closed, but itā€™s June and we deserve pride.
To everyone: here are some rules/things you should read before responding to this thread:
Do not come on here to say homophobic or transphobic comments. This is a safe space for LGBTQ+ members and allies, and it should be treated as such.
Do not start arguments on this thread or it will get closed again. This is not the place for ridiculing LGBTQ+ people, nobody needs discrimination on a chicken forum of all places.
Please make sure what youā€™re posting is not offensive or attacking LGBTQ+ people to avoid arguments and hurting peopleā€™s feelings.

Tagging the people who participated in this thread last time, and others who are LGBTQ+ (please tag anyone I missed):
@chickentrains @Sally PB @allosaurusrock @cinnamoncockatiel @KikiDeAnime @KaleIAm @Chickenwingwing @Chickaritasowner @black_cat @aart @eggsandhens @BeanBoy @PhillyDelcoChix @Tre3hugger @CHlCKEN @docteurshepherd

Back
Top Bottom