LGBTQ+ Poultry Keepers

What happened? Are you going to be ok??
Don't worry, I'm almost done recovering. I just overdid it at work.
On Saturday, I ended up staying until closing instead of the 4 1/2 hours I was supposed to work. Then instead of resting for a whole day the next day, I went into work and did extra lifting which wasn't good.
I had yesterday off so I was able to take it easy.

So I had a question.
When I had called my manager to let her know that I wasn't coming in, I sort of messed up my wording and said that I "injured my back badly" instead of saying that I simply strained it. I did mention the doctor's note that I got.
She said that she'd see if anyone could cover my shift but I'm worried. I did honestly needed to rest for a whole day.
Do you think she may be suspicious about it??

So I had a question.
When I had called my manager to let her know that I wasn't coming in, I sort of messed up my wording and said that I "injured my back badly" instead of saying that I simply strained it. I did mention the doctor's note that I got.
She said that she'd see if anyone could cover my shift but I'm worried. I did honestly needed to rest for a whole day.
Do you think she may be suspicious about it??
Take the note in, and any suspicions will be resolved.

Yes, take in the note, as aart said. Maybe tell your manager that at first you thought you'd really hurt yourself (especially if you've never hurt your back before), but after seeing the doc and whatever treatment/med you had, the pain lessened. But with your back, do not take chances. You mess up your back, and it can be debilitating for the rest of your life. You were smart to take the day off to rest.

Back
Top Bottom